SSH via proxy internet connection

My internet connection has a http proxy so I tried to configure ssh to use a proxy internet connection by entering the following command in terminal ProxyCommand /usr/bin/nc -X connect -x 172.16.2.30:8080 %h %p, but I got an error message -bash: ProxyCommand: command not found. Please help me resolve this issue. I use mac.

Hi Hari,

“ProxyCommand” isn’t a command itself, and therefore shouldn’t be at the beginning of a command. Translating the error message, basically it is saying, bash (your shell) can’t find a command called ProxyCommand

This SO question looks similar to your question. Perhaps that’s what you’re after?

Try the answers there, maybe one will work.

I’d also suggest taking a look at executing shell commands through the Jupyter Notebook rather than via SSH. Jeremy showed how to do this by prefixing commands with !. For example, !ls shows you the current directory’s contents. I believe you can do the whole course without using SSH at all.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

For good internet connection you need some expert that has huge experience like wateen that is providing internet service and solving this issue daily for others.