I think it’s not a big bug, but I don’t have much time to dig into this, so I’m posting what I found here.
src = (ObjectItemList.from_folder('/mnt/hdd/data/aug/links') .split_by_folder(train='train', valid='val') .label_from_func(get_y_func))
This is the exact same code during my experiment.
At first I had
/mnt/hdd/data/aug/links/train as a soft link, and
/mnt/hdd/data/aug/links/val as a real folder.
Also, in my get_y_func, I printed out the filename.
def get_y_func(o): print(str(o)) pass
Then I found that there was no log containing
train/xxx.png, they were all
When I deleted the symbolic link and moved the entire folder of images to
/mnt/hdd/data/aug/links/train, I found that they were working correctly, in logs there are both
I can guarantee that the symbolic link is correct and I’m moving the exact same folder. It’s somehow really weird here.