SoCAL Group for Part-1 V3 lessons

Count me in with this study group

Count me in too

Count me in too

I’d be interested. I’m Venice.

socal +1

I made a Slack group for SoCal. Here’s the invite link for whoever’s interested:

https://join.slack.com/t/fastai-v3-socal/shared_invite/enQtNDYwODIwOTg3MTA2LWFjMGVlMjIyOWMxYzA3NWJhMWFjMzg2MzlhZGM5YzBhOWNiZGRmMTA3YzA3MzNhMzI4NDBmZDYxZDcwOThjNzM

3 Likes

Hi, David Carroll in West LA near the Marina/LAX. Interested in possible study group

1 Like

Not sure how active I’ll be but I’ve joined (San Diego)

1 Like

Let’s make it possible to make this group effective by sharing what you have done every day (related to deep learning, AI, ML etc.) and ask or answer questions. I am in Orange County and happy to meet anyone on Sunday morning between 9-11 AM at a starbucks located nearby to have a discussion of the course or general AI or coding along.

1 Like

For those of you wanting to run the course v3 code on your own DL machine, you may find this post I made on the forums helpful …

https://forums.fast.ai/t/local-linux-setup-with-tmux-p-and-anaconda/27566?u=wgpubs

1 Like

Hi all, jcatanza here in Long Beach. Excited by this fantastic new course, interested in local study group.

1 Like

DeOldify guy here. Chiming in here in case there’s anybody else from San Diego (I see you there @waydegg!)

Hello!

1 Like

Another Wayde and San Diego here.

If the local folks are interested in putting something together in terms of a review or first time pass of the latest v1 material in preparation for v2, lmk. I may be able to get us space at ucsd

2 Likes

OC here as well!

I’m in Long Beach. Are there others nearby who would like to form a group to meet on Saturday or Sunday to work through the fastai v3 course?

1 Like

I’m in OC. I’m down to meet up.

My phone number is 714-408-3571, feel free to text (:

Let’s set something up for this Sunday? I’m OC as well

@waydegg and @jsa169 and any other folks in San Diego …

What days/times work for you all to meet at UCSD? I’ll try to find space for us this week if the interest is still there.

Just about anytime after 5pm on Tuesday’s or Thursdays work for me. Thursdays are better.