Share your V2 projects here

Part 2 focuses on recognizing edges, and curves of complex shapes.

Have fun! :slight_smile:

Maria

2 Likes

This blog elaborates on the CNN ins and outs - channels, size changes, activation function and batchnorms. En couleur!

Enjoy!

:slight_smile:
Maria

2 Likes

Thank you for this post. I’m currently on lesson 6 and needed to collect datasets from Kaggle to Colab

@ricky_saka Glad you found it useful :slight_smile: Have fun with Lesson 6 !

Maria

I’m three lessons in, and I trained a model to detect redacted pages for FOIA (freedom of information act) requests. I achieved around 96-97% accuracy, which isn’t perfect, but I’m pretty happy with where I got so far! This was the kind of image I was trying to be able to classify (from public sources)

ScreenShot 2021-09-06 at 15.04.32

I wrote up my process of labelling the data and some of the tradeoffs I could reason through for the model here: Training a classifier to detect redacted documents with fastai | mlops.systems

3 Likes

Object Detection using the Fastai library embedded within the IceVision framework.

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

Maria

2 Likes

Get acquainted with state-of-the-art models used for object detection. The IceVision framework utilizes the Fast.ai library, so the syntax and structure should already be familiar to you :slight_smile:

Have fun coding!

Maria

Can a machine learning model identify an ill baby?

My attempt can be viewed at:

Thank you everyone who made a contribution on this journey!

7 Likes

For someone who want to practicing customizing fastai on a new task, I’ve just create a notebook here on Kaggle RSNA fastai DataLoader | Kaggle . It is about creating a fastai DataLoader for sequence of Images (MRI Images, Video, …).

Hope it helps,

3 Likes

Continuing on to object detection using the Fast.ai library in an IceVision framework.

Maria

3 Likes

Hi!

I wrote a tutorial about training a MnasNet 1.0 image classifier using FastAi, converting it to ORT, and deploy to an Android app. Really simple to do! :smiley:

I hope you enjoy it! :wink:

5 Likes

Great work! I learned Kotlin over the summer so super anxious to test out my skills :smiley:

1 Like

For the past couple of months I experimented :man_scientist:with weaving together @fastdotai, TIMM by @wightmanr and nnAudio for a custom task as part of the @kaggle G2Net competition. I have finally put together a “How-To” blog post explaining my approach on my new website.

The blog is available here :point_right: Extending Fastai For Custom Task - Satyabrata pal

P.S. – My other works using FastAI are still in my old blog and can be read here-- ML and Automation – Medium . I am planning to gradually move them to my new blog.

1 Like

As a beginner-level project, I used the American Sign Language (ASL) dataset from Kaggle to predict the letters of the sign language given an image.

I was able to predict all of the test images in the provided data set accurately. However, noting that the test set only consisted of 28 images, I looked to testing my model on custom images as well.

I have written a blog on my initial experience with fast ai, filled with external resources for help as well. I hope to increase my work’s reach and learn from this incredible resource.

Here is a link to my blogpost:

Thank you in advance for reading and sharing my work.

My budding twitter profile is: https://twitter.com/qasimr97

2 Likes

Detecting leaf disease using Fastai/ IceVision frameworks.

:slight_smile: Maria

4 Likes

I’ve just created a notebook for migrating Pytorch model to fastai for ventillator pressure competition in Kaggle Ventillator Pressure / Fastai | Kaggle

Many things in pytorch can turn into fastai without much works I think.

Hope it’s useful

2 Likes

The blood components are unbalanced - we have predominantly more red blood cells compared to the other types. But the visual characteristics of the 3 types studied (red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets) are sufficiently distinct so that the model is able to perform well despite the imbalance.

Have fun coding!

Maria

3 Likes

I’m trying to explain some mathematical concepts in an easier manner on twitter. So if anyone is interested in, you can take a look at: https://twitter.com/DienhoaT

Some more concepts will come soon.
Thanks

I’ve just written a starter notebook for tabular playground competition in kaggle, just used the default config of tabular model. tabular playgroud - fastai | Kaggle . If someone is interested on, please fork and see if we can improve it. Thanks

1 Like

I too recently gained some proficiency with the Tabular side of fastai. For a Hackathon on Saturday centered around music industry data, I made a Colab notebook for predicting song popularity using some features obtained via the Spotify API. And I worked in some model interpretability tools and visualization of embeddings:

popularity

3 Likes