Segment Anything in Fastai

Hello,

Has anyone in the community tried using the fastai library with the Segment Anything model? :thinking: If so, I would love to hear about your experience and insights! Alternatively, if you have any ideas on how such models could be utilised for segmentation in the fastai library, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you in advance for your contributions.

Best regards,
Bilal

4 Likes

One of the students in my graduate neural networks class has worked on this, but without fastai (I mainly used fast.ai as teaching material). It is probably unnecessary to use fast.ai to use segment anything.

1 Like

Thank you @msapaydin for the clarity. I have seen people using it for labelling imaging datasets since the model can pick objects in a self-supervised manner and reduce annotation efforts. Thanks again for the clarity.

1 Like

Yes indeed, some students also used stability.ai to label images (again, not with fast.ai).

2 Likes

Check out this paper and my response as well. :slight_smile:

https://twitter.com/MazurowskiPhD/status/1649424297520185354?t=5E3qWRE7cSJ8pa00HeKHZQ&s=19

2 Likes

Thanks @Moody for sharing link to the paper. It is interesting work. This means that SAM needs to be fine tuned on domain-specific datasets such as healthcare and the model can be trained on custom images.

1 Like

You can play with SAM in Hugging Face website. Enjoy :blush:

1 Like