RuntimeError: solve: MAGMA library not found in compilation. Please rebuild with MAGMA

Has anyone ever run into this error? I see on PyTorch boards that it has to do with Conda installs but that’s not something I have control over since I’m running it on Kaggle.

Here is my notebook. If anyone has any idea I’d be super thankful for the help!

i gave your notebook a shot and saw the same errors, even after installing MAGMA with conda.

!conda install -y -c pytorch magma-cuda110

maybe try training in a colab or an env where you have more control.

I have to be able to run it on Kaggle to compete. I wish that was an option since it runs fine in Colab.

Getting the same error when using GPU in kaggle. Not getting it if I use CPU compute in kaggle kernels.

If anyone runs into this. The solution is here:

You have to downgrade to pytorch 1.9.0 until there is a fix.

Hi,
This issue is still there.
I am trying to replicate the bear classification problem from fast.ai book but I am getting the same problem when I am running the following code on GPU:

bears_data_block = bears_data_block.new(item_tfms = Resize(128), batch_tfms = aug_transforms(mult=2))
dls = bears_data_block.dataloaders(path)
dls.train.show_batch(max_n=4, nrows=1)

I tried almost following things as suggested in the above mentioned Kaggle discussion thread but nothing worked out.
!conda install -c pytorch magma-cuda110 -y
pip install --user torch==1.9.0 torchvision==0.10.0 torchaudio==0.9.0 torchtext==0.10.0
pip install --user torch==1.7.1 torchvision==0.8.2 torchaudio==0.7.2 torchtext==0.8.1.

Can anyone please suggest how to solve it?

2 Likes

If anyone still runs into this issue while working through chapter 2 (I just did today), I was able to get it to work by setting the environment to “Always use latest options”. This setting is located in the right hand notebook panel under the “Notebook Options” section.

After changing this setting and restarting a session, I was able to run the aug_transforms without getting the MAGMA error.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, it worked!!!

Thank you very much! It worked.

you can select this option.