Run Fast.ai on Paperspace Gradient with a Free Pro Subscription

Trying out FastAI on Paperspace. I’m new to Paperspace but couldn’t use the promo code for gradient PRO. How do I proceed from here, can someone from Paperspace help?

Hi @raja,

I just DMd you with some additional details to help you try out our platform.

Hi Joshua,

Thank you very much for helping me out! I’ve replied to your message.

Hi @joshua-paperspace I am also interested in using Paperspace for the course. Can you DM with a promo code? Thanks!

Hello @joshua-paperspace @nick_paperspace @zack_paperspace, I want to follow fastai course part 2 and unfortunately my local GPU can’t handle Stable Diffusion very well (only 8 Gb of VRAM). Is a pro subscription enough for me (using the free machine while being pro)? I unfortunately can only afford paying a monthly fee. So is the pro tier enough or should I go for the growth tier?

Hi @Kamui,

Yes, a Pro subscription will give you access to free-tier machines with up to 24GB of GPU vRAM. You can take a look at the subscription tier machines here: Machines | Paperspace

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi, the promocode FastAIGradient22 seems to be expired. Can someone from paperspace please provide me with an updated code to give the platform a shot? Thanks in advance!

Hi Joshua (@joshua-paperspace),

I wanted to ask you if Paperspace is still providing the 2-month Pro subscription for free to fast.ai users?

can I use Paperspace Fast.ai without upgrading to pro

I have decided to buy ‘pro’ subs. (8$) a few days ago. In billing details it looks like there’re are only charges for paid VMs. Any charges for 'pro". So I supose that promo is actual. ‘pro’ gives you access to stronger VMs with GPU. A4000 with 16 VRAM is accesible, not always, but when you set up VM than it works continously for 6 hours, any interuptions. Catch details:

Have a nice day/night!

Hi Joshua,

Can I ask if this is normal for the machines to be this slow? I’m using an A6000 instance.

And I’m trying to load the libraries for the “stable_diffusion” notebook from the first lesson of Part 2.

As you can see that took 426 seconds or 7 minutes. And I have moved the huggingface .cache folder to /storage.

Thank you for your input.

I’m facing an issue with selecting a machine for running the notebook on paperspace. Promocode is expired and there are no free GPUs present here. Every machine is asking for a pro subscription. Can you please tell me how to get over this issue?

It seems to me that many people are using the GPUs on paperspace nowadays. No matter what time or what day of the week, the free GPUs are always occupied.

1 Like