Recommended Python learning resources ✅

Top 5 online courses to learn Python in 2020

1.Complete Python Bootcamp: Go from zero to hero in Python 3

1. Python Fundamentals
    This is another fun course to learn Python on Pluralsight and great if you have a Pluarlsight membership.

2. Complete Python Masterclass
    This is another fantastic course to learn Python on Udemy. I am a big fan of Tim Buchalka and have attended a couple of his courses.

3. The Python Bible | Everything You Need to Program in Python
    Another awesome course to learn Python on Udemy. This is a project-based course and you will build 11 Projects int this Python Course.

4. 30 Days of Python | Unlock your Python Potential
    That’s all about some of the best courses to learn Python Programming in 2018. Python is a very powerful language and allows you to create simple scripts to automate stuff from complex object-oriented applications but it is still a simple language to learn.
    For more to know about python online course then go through top blogs.

I have enrolled for the “Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python” recommended for beginners. I am curious why I havent seen Harvards CS50 course recommended, looking online, it seems like a popular course. Is it because it doesn`t focus solely on Python.

With what I have learned, I found this website Learnitfree to be good. Good Collection of courses and they do have python too Learn Python.
They are worth a check!

Thanks a million, @jeremy for such a great work you’ve done in recent years by fast.ai.

I wonder why no one mentioned anything about Think Python by Allen Downey. Actually, I learned python with this nice book and I think it is a very useful book for beginners.

I did Coursera: Python for Everybody by Dr. Chuck Severance with my wife. This is a super basic set of 4 course that starts with basically no programming knowledge. When I went through this you could do this for free if you “audited” the course. You are likely to need more training beyond this in order to complete fast.ai. This gives little guidance on Jupyter Notebooks and the libraries we use here. When I took this the course was in Version 2 or Python. It has been updated to Version 3. I belive for Fast.ai this is the correct version of python. If you are starting with 0 programing experience, this may be a good place to start.

Do anyone has a good resource on refactoring Python code?
I find this theme recurring in many occasions (I remembered Jeremy also touched on this topic in some of his lessons), and I believe refactoring could greatly boost our productivity, and significantly change our perception on our codebase. (hatred v.s. love, easy to understand v.s. difficult). Would love to read some systematic materials on that.

1 Like

Sir, within each of the different levels (Beginners, Intermediate, Advanced, Python numeric programming etc…) there are multiple resources listed out.

Should I complete all the mentioned resources within each level or choosing any one resource per each level is fine ??

Please suggest.

Thanx in advance!

@Vnay
These are necessary to complete- only suggestions! Have a look at each one of them, and see if you want to do them and/or if you think they’ll help you! Happy learning!

Thank you Palaash!

Hi,

Want to learn python?
So here is the best way to do so.

Join the best python classes.

Python is one of the most trending Programing Language. many of the best resources are available on the internet that will help to learn python. many of the Online courses provider like Udemy and courses are provide some best courses.

1: Udemy python Course
2: Coursera python Course
3: Udacity Python Course
these courses are help for beginners and for Advanced developers.
books are very important for learning new trends, Check best python books below;
1: Head-First Python
2: Python Crash Course
3: Python Programming: An Introduction to Computer Science
4: Python Cookbook
5: Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python, 4th edition
Check this post, this will help to understand the Python Programing Language

1 Like

Hi,

Great Post for beginners to learn about it. I am searching for information related to this and I get exact information about Python course.

Python is one of the most popular languages. There are a lot of resources to hiring python developer so its technology is in-demand

1 Like

Some more resources

1. pythonbasics - This website contains the basics of Python
  2. pythonspot - Intermediate Python tutorials

I went through Corey Schafer’s OOP tutorial recommended above and created a blog covering what I understood from it using fastpages and Jupyter Notebook. Object Oriented Programming in Python | Learn to use Classes and other OOP concepts in Python.
Any errors are mine so I would be extremely happy to accept corrections.

Not sure if this is the correct place to post it so would be happy to refile it elsewhere.

1 Like

More foundational: Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software. By the “Gang of Four”: Gamma, Helm, Johnson, and Vlissides. Yes, it was published in 1995, given some credence to my calling it “foundational”; it kind of kicked off the software patterns movements (well, earlier papers by some of the authors preceded, of course).

Foundational work on refactoring: Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code. By Martin Fowler, with input from the agile programming and software patterns founders. It is comprehensive in coverage. Code examples are in Java, but the book was intended to define principles applicable for all programming languages (and made it a point to use a language that supported object-oriented programming).

Hey @maw501,
If you’re looking for an advanced Python course with a focus on practical assignments and real-world application, I have a few recommendations for you:

1. Udemy Courses:
  • “Complete Python Bootcamp: Go from zero to hero in Python 3” by Jose Portilla: This course covers a wide range of Python topics and includes hands-on projects to reinforce your learning.
  • “Python for Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp” by Jose Portilla: This course focuses on Python for data science and machine learning applications, with practical exercises and projects.
  1. Coursera Courses:
  • “Python for Everybody” Specialization by University of Michigan: This specialization covers Python programming for beginners to advanced topics, including assignments and projects.
  • “Applied Data Science with Python” Specialization by University of Michigan: This specialization focuses on using Python for data analysis and includes real-world projects to apply your skills.
  1. Live Training on Real World Projects:
  • “Uncodemy”: This platform offers live training sessions on real-world projects in Python and other programming languages. You’ll get hands-on experience and guidance from industry experts, which can be invaluable for gaining practical skills that are applicable in job settings.

I hope these recommendations help you find the structured learning experience you’re looking for. Feel free to explore these options and see which one aligns best with your learning goals and preferences. All the best!

1 Like