Recommended Python learning resources ✅

In case anybody is interested , There is a course happening on Nov 20th through safari.

Python Data Handling - A Deeper Dive

November 20, 2018.
Live: Online on O’Reilly Safari
Register

1 Like

Thanks @harikrishnanrajeev - can you edit the top post with your addition?

1 Like

@jeremy , David Beazley’s courses is already included in the list at the top.I was just sharing that there is a deep dive python class happening today via safari. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@jeremy Really useful thread! Personally I’ve found Python Principles useful for the basics. It’s an online interactive tutorial. I’m still a complete beginner, and I’ve found the practical nature, the many examples, and especially the auto-checked exercises useful because I like learning by doing.

Next I’ll be looking for a book, and this thread is just what I needed.

1 Like

I found these to be a better intro to Jupyter than others I’ve seen. They are a 2-part series on using Jupyter notebooks:

2 Likes

A nice collection of often useful awesome Python frameworks, libraries and software.https://pythonawesome.com/

I would love to add A Smarter Way to Learn Python book by Mark Myers. This is an amazing book for learning Python. this book will show you a very effective method to read and write python which makes your learning super easy.

2 Likes

If you are already familiar with programming in general you might find the Google developer course useful.
It is really short, 7 articles including setup or 2 videos however you choose with good exercise to test the knowledge.
https://developers.google.com/edu/python/

Hi Jeremy,

Good resources which you have shared. Also there are many other resources are available for low cost and FREE as well with very good content and coding examples by industry experts.

Also some platforms will provide projects as well to understand better concepts. But the thing is no once is encouraging start ups which are there in the market with better features. The people only talk about who are doing more marketing on the internet. But finally they will charge low price for low quality courses and they will charge more price for high quality courses. When it comes to start ups they will provide less price for good quality courses and they will provide FREE which are like basic courses with good examples and projects. I hope all of you guys are understood. Ask me which are good start ups are in the market i will share the companies details.

Things that are needed to know to be an expert in Python by James Powell

1 Like

To increase my explore in data and machine learning, I enrolled in an online course at Udemy but due to severe workload, I wouldn’t able to continue it. However, after a long time, I am again willing to continue the machine learning course from here. Yes, though I have a great interest in statistics but I am going with Python because of its availability. Can you suggest me any machine learning course that recently started and offers R?

The solutions are verified very late (1 week) as there is a shortage of mentors. It (exercism.io) is the best resource I have encountered in terms of the approach but it is in an unfortunate situation.

Hi prabhanshu hope all is well!

I haven’t tried all the other resources so can’t tell if it’s the best, but its certainly interesting and has many programming languages to choose from.

Cheers mrfabulous1 :smiley::smiley:

another tool with live help is http://pythontutor.com/
you can visualize you code and get live help from around the world. i highly recommend it!

Hi,
I would like you to suggest first you watch very short and basic tutorials online for Python so that u get a basic idea of Python then go through a paid Python Training which provides you hands-on practice on live projects.

To learn python I bought The Python Programming book by Jason Rees. It is worth reading and I found it very helpful in learning python.

Here are some good ones in case they’ve been missed out previously -

1. Python Certification from University of Michigan (Coursera)
  2. Complete Python Bootcamp: Go from zero to hero in Python (Udemy)
  3. Applied Data Science with Python Certification (Coursera)
  4. Python Certification for Data Science by IBM (Coursera)
  5. Python Course for Data Science and Machine Learning (Udemy)
  6. Complete Python Masterclass (Udemy)
  7. Computing in Python Certification by Georgia Tech (edX)
  8. Python 3 Programming Certification by University of Michigan (Coursera)
  9. Python Course for Data Science by University of California (edX)
  10. Online Python Crash Course (Udemy)
  11. Datacamp
  12. Codecademy

Found these and many more best python courses here.

3 Likes

Does anyone have suggestions for learning resources that I can read on Kindle ? I found myself very often in the situation that I can’t use computer and I love reading on Kindle (which is less distractions than phone). I google it and many people discourage this way. However I still want to give it a try. The book can be anything and not restrict to python :smiley: Thank you

1 Like

If you’re looking to improve git skills, Pro Git is a free read on kindle.

2 Likes

Hello, there are many resources just check the best way to learn python on google but you also know about python certification and you know about all details like passing percentage, exam duration and a number of questions and what the price of python certification. Just check it all thinks then start your learning journey.