Question about colab swift

I am using the swift from co-lab. To access the Google Drive you can use the Google API. In essence you request a token called a JWT and you pass it with your request. This now fails to compile because it is using Swift dev-5.3. Has co-lab swift switched to dev 5.3 and can I switch back to 5.2. Apple are annoucing Live 5.3 next week.

The failure is IBMs Swift-JWT invokes CryptoECC which fails to compile. Message below.

Regards Conwyn.

Stack dump:
0. Program arguments: /swift/toolchain/usr/bin/swift -frontend -c /content/swift-install/package/.build/checkouts/BlueECC/Sources/CryptorECC/ASN1.swift /content/swift-install/package/.build/checkouts/BlueECC/Sources/CryptorECC/Data+Extensions.swift /content/swift-install/package/.build/checkouts/BlueECC/Sources/CryptorECC/ECDecryptable.swift /content/swift-install/package/.build/checkouts/BlueECC/Sources/CryptorECC/ECEncryptable.swift /content/swift-install/package/.build/checkouts/BlueECC/Sources/CryptorECC/ECError.swift /content/swift-install/package/.build/checkouts/BlueECC/Sources/CryptorECC/ECPrivateKey.swift -primary-file /content/swift-install/package/.build/checkouts/BlueECC/Sources/CryptorECC/ECPublicKey.swift -primary-file /content/swift-install/package/.build/checkouts/BlueECC/Sources/CryptorECC/ECSignable.swift -primary-file /content/swift-install/package/.build/checkouts/BlueECC/Sources/CryptorECC/ECSignature.swift -primary-file /content/swift-install/package/.build/checkouts/BlueECC/Sources/CryptorECC/EllipticCurve.swift -primary-file /content/swift-install/package/.build/checkouts/BlueECC/Sources/CryptorECC/SSLPointerTricks.swift -supplementary-output-file-map /tmp/supplementaryOutputs-0d11d3 -target x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu -disable-objc-interop -I /content/swift-install/package/.build/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/debug -enable-testing -g -module-cache-path /content/swift-install/package/.build/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/debug/ModuleCache -swift-version 5 -Onone -D SWIFT_PACKAGE -D DEBUG -enable-anonymous-context-mangled-names -Xcc -fmodule-map-file=/content/swift-install/package/.build/checkouts/OpenSSL/Sources/OpenSSL/module.modulemap -parse-as-library -module-name CryptorECC -o /content/swift-install/package/.build/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/debug/CryptorECC.build/ECPublicKey.swift.o -o /content/swift-install/package/.build/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/debug/CryptorECC.build/ECSignable.swift.o -o /content/swift-install/package/.build/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/debug/CryptorECC.build/ECSignature.swift.o -o /content/swift-install/package/.build/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/debug/CryptorECC.build/EllipticCurve.swift.o -o /content/swift-install/package/.build/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/debug/CryptorECC.build/SSLPointerTricks.swift.o -index-store-path /content/swift-install/package/.build/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/debug/index/store -index-system-modules

1. Swift version 5.3-dev (LLVM 5a342fdfac, Swift ec4315266b)

Hi
I just found a post by Sylvan in March which says there is a blank swift notebook

https://colab.research.google.com/notebook#create=true&language=swift

So if I try

%install ‘.package(url: “https://github.com/IBM-Swift/Swift-JWT.git”, from: “3.0.0”)’ SwiftJWT

but it still invokes Swift version 5.3-dev

So how do we ask the colab team to use production swift rather than test swift.

Regards Conwyn

Hi

Good News. The swift for Tensorflow team report 0.10 toolchain fixes the problem so should be good for Wednesday.So I can return to the challenge of accessing the Google Drive with Swift in Colab.

Regards Conwyn

Hi @Conwyn, glad to hear that 0.10 fixes the issue, and thanks for the updates! -Brennan