Pytorch came out with a mobile version. Can we get a Fastai Mobile too?

2 Likes

Just provide an easy way to export trained models in pure PyTorch format.
Then we can directly use Pytorch mobile.

2 Likes

This should already be doable. learn.save('model.pth') will save the model state_dict.

2 Likes

image classifiers can be exported easily, just follow the steps from the Pytorch mobile website. I am having trouble exporting detectors like Retinanet.

Have a look at the docs of https://course.fast.ai/deployment_seeme_ai deploying your fastai model on the web and mobile.

TLDR: Once uploaded, your model is automatically converted to the different formats and you use your model on iOS and Android apps without any further development.

Disclaimer: I’m the creator of SeeMe.ai, but very happy to assist or answer questions. :slight_smile:

I wrote a post with a step by step guide for begginer of how to train using FastAI + run on a device natively using Pytorch Mobile:

It’s pretty straightforward, as some users already said, but maybe it helps someone without a very deep understanding (like me).
Essentially you need to save the learn.model (pytorch model) and import and use with Pytorch Mobile

2 Likes

I am going to do my new mobile app development project. Will python be appropriate for it?