Polish translation team thread 🇵🇱

Anyone follows baseball :baseball: and knows what innings is :slight_smile:

how to translate: playing the full nine innings ?

full sentence for context:
And just to add to that, when people start, they often may not have a full team, or be playing the full nine innings, but they still have a sense of what the game is, a kind of a big picture idea.

It’s a phase of the game. “full nine innings” just means the whole game, so like “full 90 minutes” in football :slight_smile:
I’d translate it something like “mogą nie mieć pełnej drużyny i nie rozegrać gry do końca , ale rozumieją na czym ta gra generalnie polega”

1 Like

thanks Sławek. i think i watched baseball game once and it was a ‘special’ experience lol

Following Jeremy’s idea for English transcript, i’ve created a table with lesson 1 divided into 10 min chunks. Please pick a part you want to translate and put your name in the first top post (its a wiki). Once we finished with lesson 1, we will do the same for lesson 2, etc… :slight_smile:

Do you mind merging your bit into the repo I created, so we have it in one place?

2 Likes

Sure i will do that. It lives in youtube editor for now xD

1 Like

Hi guys,

I forked @slawekbiel git where are Oryginal english subtitles when finish will ask about pull request ?

cheers

The corrected English subtitles are on youtube now. So when you go to lecture video, and click on ‘add translations’ (three dots, bottom right) and then in the editor ‘switch language’ and choose ‘Polish’, you can get autotranslated Polish subs, which needs correction. That’s one way of doing that. I think Sławek did translations just by listening to original audio only. Some people also used deepl.com for translations as its gives better results than google translator in youtube.
this is English corrected transcript i believe and translating it as a whole (without breaking sentences into time bounded chunks) will most likely give better transaltions, but then it’s more work to copy and paste that. I still want to try this method and see how this works.

i havent uploaded my translations to Sławek’s github repo yet, but i have transalted 0 to 30 min.

Rzucam temat, który podchwycilem od @wojtekcz :slight_smile:

W zeszłym roku (to chyba było ze dwa lata temu :wink: ) mieliśmy takie online spotkania miłośników fastai w Polsce.

Jeśli w tym roku by było zainteresowanie to możemy ustalić dzień, godzine i pogadać sobie o DL, projektach, fastai.

Dajcie znać kiedy Wam pasuje!

2 Likes

Może przyda się słownik pojęć uczenia maszynowego, który pomagał mi przy tłumaczeniu na polski notatników Jeremy’ego i tutoriali pytorch’a na potrzeby koszalińskich meetupów?
Angielsko-Polski Słownik ML (Sty 2019).pdf (71.2 KB)

1 Like

This is great. Added to wiki. Thanks @wojtekcz !

Ustawiamy internetowe spotkania na czwartki, godzina 20 czasu polskiego :timer_clock: . Pierwsze spotkanie 2 kwietnia :spiral_calendar:

Wszystkich zainteresowanch zapraszamy do dołączenia (link poniżej) :slight_smile:

Join the meeting:

najlepiej dziala z chrome lub chromium

o tym podcascie mowilismy? https://atp.fm/episodes/371

edit: byłoby super gdyby @wojtekcz opowiedział o projekcie transformerow w S4TF za tydzień w czwartek i jeszcze lepiej gdyby przed spotkaniem wrzucil jakieś linki do poczytania o transformerach i S4TF. dzięki! :slight_smile:
inne pomysły na prjekty mile widziane!
godzina i dzień zostają te same czyli 20 czasu polskiego w czwartki
:point_up: podcast do posłuchania, jak ktoś nie słyszał jeszcze :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Na szybko:

2 Likes

call o 20?

@miwojc

1 Like
1 Like

@slawekbiel zrobilem PR na githubie z tlumaczenimi 0-30 i 40-60. z tego co widze @Michal_w tez wrzucil tlumaczenia z 30-40. takze bedzie juz calosc?

Dzięki!
Zmergowałem wszystko do jednego pliku.
Nie dostałem jeszcze tłumaczeń od @Michal_w jak to już będzie to spróbuję to na youtube wrzucić

1 Like

hej haj, duzo nam jeszcze brakuje zeby miec 1 lekcje zamkniętą? :slight_smile:

Tych 10 minut: 30-40