Platform: Salamander ✅

@JeroenH
With you mate. +1

Unable to open a notebook instance. Itching to run some code.

Someone could shed a light on this?

Not much we can do about that, I’m afraid. Sometimes AWS doesn’t have any servers available, so we have to wait!..

Wow! I can’t believe you responded so swiftly. Thanks!
I imagine I underestimated the responsiveness of the fastai forums.
Just saw your first lecture Jeremy, quite pumped up to get going.
Cheers from India!

It was a coincidence - I’m often quite slow :slight_smile:

Beginner’s luck I guess for me :smiley:

It did change my mood completely though so thanks for that! I’m going to tell my professor about this. :smile:

hi @jeremy
Salamander hasn’t been working for at least 3 days. Not just for me, a few of my buddies who are also taking this class are having the same issue.
The error that we are getting is: "We tried starting your server but failed because: “no available servers”
I’ve been trying to start the server every half an hour since yesterday

Me too. I haven’t been able to access it for the last 2 days.

On another point, I notice in salamander the per hour price for the

K80 GPU
4x vCPU
61GB RAM

was 0.51 per hour for a week when I started then a few days ago went to 0.52, and now is 0.39. I haven’t been able to connect with this lower price. Does it have anything to do with the connection problem?

See above for answer to these questions.

Hi,
I created my Salamander account several months ago, but I only used it for several hours in total. The account is active, and all monthly fees were settled. I’m trying to launch the server today, and I repeatedly get the same error message: “We tried starting your server but failed because: “no available servers””

Can you do something with that pls?

Upd. Ok, I can see the similar requests and answers above. As far as I understand, the service has been down for a few days. Is there a chance it will be restored soon? I finally have some time to proceed with the course, and problem with availability of the server makes things a bit complicated…

The issue is that Amazon Web Services doesn’t have any servers available. So we have to wait for them, I’m afraid!

Bummer that AWS doesn’t have any servers available. May users of salamander.ai get some sort of credit for the two days (at least for me) that I haven’t been able to use the service? Thanks!

1 Like

I am trying to start a new server with Salamander but it keeps saying this:
We tried starting your server but failed because: “no available servers”

Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hey enr, it looks like that’s because there aren’t any Amazon Web Servers available (see jeremy’s post a few hours before yours). He didn’t provide a time frame when they’d be available again.

1 Like

how long it might take for AWS to have some servers available?

1 Like

since there are no server available, is there a way to get the credit back from Salamander.ai?

1 Like

Is there any possible way to get hold of a server? I haven’t been able to access a server for over a week…

1 Like

I was able to create a CPU server which seems to be ok while doing lesson 2. Haven’t been able to get a GPU server up in over a week…

Just to share my experiences and give an update on my situation: for me there also have been no servers available in a week now. I tried starting one up every day (almost every hour). Really hope this will change soon :slight_smile:

I’m in the same boat. No server for a week right now. Just running locally on my machine