Platform: Salamander ✅

@banksiaboy what instance type are you using? Have you tried the g3s type?

@jeremy
Yes I have been using the G3s. Referred to in your email some weeks ago.
I just created another g3s instance - it started, allocated an address then immediately stopped.

That’s annoying! Sounds like AWS are having a busy period again…

@jeremy Salamander has been solid this-afternoon

1 Like

Can anyone please give me a precise description of process for building the g3s fastai template?
Hopefully there’s a document.

I’d like to know how to rebuild without asking too many questions or wasting too much time.

Cheers,
–Peter G

Sure. Basically, it’s the steps here, except for the swift bits: Jeremy's Harebrained install guide

Is anyone online to take a look at my server?
I got pre-empted and it’s been “offline-stopping server” for about 60+ minutes now…so I cant’ get my work done and no idea why it’s taking this long to shut down?
Thanks

@LessW2020 I replied to your PM.

1 Like

Same I’m also running into a similar issue. My server has been “offline-stopping server” for about 2 hours now. Could anyone help me fix this issue. Thanks

1 Like

Try now @mango - mine has finally stopped and firing it up again now.
Update - well can’t load as get “no available servers” but at least the ‘shutting down’ part has ended. Will keep trying.

Hey @LessW2020 - yeah mine has also finally stopped, but I also can’t seem to get it to load as I get “no available servers” as well.
Update - mine is up an running again! Hopefully, yours is too @LessW2020.

1 Like

Hi @mango - thanks, I am also now up and running! Thanks for the update!

update - nvm - now able to get a server, so really may have been super high demand for an hour.

Is Salamander service down currently? I got pre-empted about 40 minutes ago and since then, no matter what server config I try (v100, v100x4, g3, m60, 2xm60 etc) I can’t get anything - always fails with:

“We tried starting your server but failed because: “no available servers””

I understand it might really be the case that every single server type is not available but seems odd to go on so long and for every instance type so wanted to post in case this is a broader issue.

The VMs are starting, but the notebook just wouldn’t start.

When GCP was overloaded before submission deadlines, Salamander didn’t let me down, so thanks!
What does Salamander mean by “paste software template”? Is this supposed to be a link to a dockerfile or the name of another VM?

Help!

I’m shutting down my salamander.ai instances because the server disconnects too often. I’m trying to ssh into my instances one more time to save files locally.

I have to do ssh because the jupyter lab button no longer works. It attempts to load the page and then it times out. I’ve tried many possible fixes for this. None have worked.

I have successfully ssh into one of my instances and saved all files

The other instance is not accessible. When I try to ssh it gives me the message ubuntu@54.162.84.168: Permission denied (publickey).

I can no longer change the key for that instance because the button has now changed to ubuntu@54.162.84.168

I can change the public key via the https://salamander.ai/setup-access-keys menu but this has no effect.

The strange thing is that I could ssh into one instance but not the other.

Is there a way to request that my ssh key be reset to nothing on the remaining instance so I can try to set up ssh again from scratch?

Or is there a way to request direct access so I can make a full backup?

If I knew who to contact, I would ask directly.

No sorry @MichaelWoodburn, we don’t have any access to your instances. Once they’re set up with your key, only you can connect to them.

I’m never naming an instance after my dog again…

There is something wrong with Salamander recently.

My instance has permanently gone into “Offline - moving storage” mode for the last 24 hours. It just been spinning since then.

Doesn’t seems like a browser cache issue because I tried logging in from a different browser, logged out, logged in. Still the same.

salamander

Any ongoing issues with the service?

1 Like

Having the same issue, I have a server than has been stuck moving storage for at least a week now.