Platform: GCP ✅

No, you want: ps -ef | grep jupyter

Look for the python entry:

jupyter 22487 1 1 01:36 ? 00:00:01 /opt/anaconda3/bin/python /opt/anaconda3/bin/jupyter-lab --config=/home/jupyter/.jupyter/jupyter_notebook_config.py

Then you can do: kill -hup 22487 to restart jupyter then re-login.

1 Like

Thanks Allan, I could not get on the GCP right now. I will try later and let you know

1 Like

Logged in Google Cloud Platform and linked to my credit card account but my credit shows $0 but http://course-v3.fast.ai/start_gcp.html link shows it will show credit of $300 in GCP. Did anyone faced similar issue ?

1 Like

Did you look at the top of your console and see a small “present” icon (looks like a birthday present with a bow). If you do see it you are on the free $300 credit plan.

Thanks Allan for your reply. I don’t see the “present” icon on top of the console

1 Like

I have been getting this error in the past 5 hours and I can’t start my instance (It was working fine before). Should I make a new instance in a different zone or just wait?!

The error says:
“Starting VM instance “my-fastai-instance” failed. Error: The zone ‘projects/green-diagram-220302/zones/us-west1-b’ does not have enough resources available to fulfill the request. Try a different zone, or try again later.”

2 Likes

Amir did you try zone us-west2-c or us-west2-b ? url https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/gpus/ helps to choose zone based on GPU

1 Like

I have not. I am using us-west1-b with a 1 x NVIDIA Tesla P100 GPU. It was fine till this morning. If I make a new instance, or change the zone, do I lose the notebooks and files that I already have added?! @srivenug

3 Likes

us-central1-c is the next best zone for GPUs.

3 Likes

Ed, please do not give up, try and try again (over several days if need be). This deep learning takes a lot of trial and error to get up and running. Some folks are just luckier than others in getting it set up effortlessly.
I spent the better part of a week blundering through it but at least succeeded this year. I will keep looking for you on this message board if you continue to have problems.

2 Likes

anyone know how to delete configurations and cloud projects that were made in error?

On your VM instances page click on the 3 dot button in the rightmost side and you will see options for delete, stop, etc.

I tried with the updated instructions today the second time but wasn’t successful

Thanks again for this help! I filled in your form, and then received another form from google to apply for the credits, which I filled in. It said something about getting a response in 1-2 days, but that was 5 days ago. Do you think something went wrong and I should try again, or can these things just take a while?

Same thing with me. I could not start my VM in the last two days. Is there a way to change zone without loosing what I did so far?

1 Like

Thanks @czechcheck for this generous gesture of yours!

1 Like

Did you get any code for 500$ credit?

Well not yet, but hopefully soon.

I’m getting ImportError: cannot import name ‘Filelink’

Hey Mauro. Try
from IPython.display import FileLink
It’s capital F and L in FileLink.
:slight_smile:

1 Like