Part 2, 2021 course?

Jeremy mentioned in one of his tweets that he will be available for few weeks during the course. He also mentioned that part2 will come after the end of this course.

3 Likes

Thanks for the links.

Thanks for sharing, I appreciate that! :handshake:

thanks, for sharing.

Thank you for providing the links. Yes, it appears to be a fastai course for the entire community.
After that, hopefully, part 2 of Jeremy’s course will be released.

Hi everyone!
Just wanted to know, since Part 2 of the 2020 course is not released yet, is there a recommended path that we should take after finishing Part 1?
Does the 2019 Part 2 course ‘map’ nicely with the 2020 Part 2 contents, if yes then it would mean that working on 2019 Part 2 would be feasible.

Thanks!

PS: I had asked a question in the forums which hasn’t received any answers. It was about lr_find() not working well. Would appreciate if you can have a look :smiley:

Hey @sahil1234 !
I’m close to finishing the 2020 part 1.
I had the exact same question as you about what to do next.
Just wondering if you got an answer from someone else about proceeding with the 2019 part 2 course.
If you’ve started it already, could you please share your thoughts?

Was anyone able to ask? What did he say?

Hi Aseem!
From what I heard from others, it is a nice idea to re-do part 1 of the course again, Jeremy also mentions it at the end of the last lecture in Part 1.
After that, an option may be to join either Kaggle competitions or continue learning from the Jupyter notebooks’ next chapters (by yourself)
The book is indeed very nicely written, so reading the book should not be very difficult from what my experience has been

Thanks! :grin:

2 Likes

Will the lectures be publicly available and if so, when?

1 Like

Oh no, I somehow missed this! Has the course been going on?

Do you know if the course has been running again? Are the lectures available somewhere?

Latest update about part 2 from Jeremy

9 Likes

Thanks for this. For others, Parts 2 is tentatively supposed to happen in Oct/Nov, more info will show up on the official site etc by then.

5 Likes

For those of you who (like me) completely missed the start of this year’s Part I course, you can find the video lessons on Queensland AI Hub’s Youtube channel:

Link to Lesson 1.

10 Likes

Wish videos had been edited like for the courses of the previous years, but it’s free, so can’t complain.

Are there any news about part 2?

4 Likes

Now is Nov already, still hv no any info about part 2.

that’s not good.

Yep, I stopped waiting and decided to give Tensorflow 2.0 a chance. Plus it’s always good to know different libraries/frameworks to achieve the same end result. For example, I’m the only one in my team that works with Fast.ai, everyone else works with Tensorflow and/or Keras. So my advice is to either read the book for part 2, check the 2019 course, or give TF 2.0 a try until Part 2 (2020) is released.