๐Ÿ“– Organizing Local In-Person Study Group in Singapore - Saturdays 10 AM GMT+8

Hi Cedric,

I am from Malaysia.
Do you have a remote study group?
Physical study group would be great but I need Star Trek teleportation for the 500km travel :slight_smile:

Hi Ritika,

Just to be crystal clear. This is NOT a remote/virtual study group. Will you be in Singapore?

I plan to create a Slack workspace/group soon. Once itโ€™s done, I will post the link here. Stay tuned.

Hi Cedric,
I am moving to Singapore in December. I want to be part of this group.Please let me know if I can attend physical study group from December.

Thanks,
Ritika

Oh, I seeโ€ฆ Sure, you are welcome to join us in-person. As we are using the public library facilities, I hope we are lucky enough (donโ€™t clash with school exam season), so we can easily find a table and seats with access to power outlets.

I am very familiar with the Woodlands Regional Library as I frequently (like continuously for 6 months, almost every weekdays), I study and work on the DL Part 2 v2 and ML 2018 course materials and projects in this library alone.

Iโ€™d love to join the study group. count me in

Alright.

Hi Cedric, I would like to join the physical and virtual study group.

Hello coral,

Thank you for your interest.

We just got our virtual study group off the ground yesterday with 9 active fellow students now. I will invite you to our group soon.

As for the in-person study group, I will create a Slack group and post the link here by this week.

Hi @neoyipeng, @ritika26 , @wyquek, and @coral,

I created a Slack group. Please join and introduce yourself.

From now onward, please use the Slack group to keep yourself up-to-date with the latest announcements, course-based questions, and logistics matters.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I created a poll to find out the most suitable time for the study sessions. Please vote.

https://doodle.com/poll/4z9tbt9a2fte7cd6

You can find the tentative schedule (Doodle Calendar) here. I plan to start the first session next Saturday.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Hey @cedric, another one from across the courseway here! Could you please add me too? Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi @angert, hayder78 is from Malaysia, not across the Causeway man.

Please read the thread carefully for instructions. You can add yourself to our Slack group. See you there.

I meant that I am from Malaysia too haha. Thank you anyway!

Hi Cedric, I would like to join the physical and virtual study group.
I am based out of singapore
I joined slack thanks

Hi Nandha,

Thank you for your interest. Please introduce yourself first.

Is it good enough if you are in Singapore and just join our in-person study group?

Hello, I just launched a discussion thread on fastai study groups to gather feedbacks from the organizers and participants in order to list the best practices and also to avoid some gaps.

You will find more information in this post. Thank you if you can take a few minutes to participate in the discussion :slight_smile: Many thanks!

Hi, Iโ€™m Bao Tin, a fastai enthusiast. Is there any active study group in Singapore right now?

If not Iโ€™m keen to have a weekly meetup, anyone interested to join?

Hi Bao Tin.

Not that I know of.

:thinking: Can you tell us more?

Hi Cedric,

I feel it would be fun to meet other people who are using fastai. Maybe we can meet 1hr each week to review/ get deeper into the materials. Each week one person can present a certain part of the course again.

And maybe share what problems we have. Like right now Iโ€™m trying to create a TabularDatabunch that also provides a sequence of transactions but the implementation is not very clean yetโ€ฆ

I think if someone who are new and not familiar with fastai yet can also join to learn together.