Object Identification & Dataset

First off, I’m very new to this, but I’m excited to get started. Maybe I’m biting off a bit more than I can chew right now, but I want to push forward anyway. No real purpose here other than trying to do something.

I want to use Fast AI to be able to take an image and tell me which Nintendo Switch game cartridges are in the image. I have a large collection of individual game cartridge images, all well labeled. Each image is a fairly reasonable close-up of the each cartridge. It’s pretty easy building something in Fast AI to recognize a single cartridge it has seen before, but I’m struggling with getting it to recognize multiple cartridges in one image (which would make sense because the model hasn’t seen multiple in a single image). I decided to build a random image stitcher to stitch random single cartridges in to a collage of multiple cartridges, then train on that. The model is now performing better, but I can’t help but wonder if I’m trying to solve this the wrong way. Any suggestions?