ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'nbdev'

Hi,

I started my first nbdev project yesterday. Unfortunately I get the following error message when I try to build the docs. I found some older topics with the same issue but I couldn’t find a solution.

I tried to save the notebooks in different condo environments and run the build docs command again. But that didn’t work either.

Whats wrong with my project?

(fastai2dev) Florians-MBP:fastai2_resnet_audio florian$ nbdev_build_docs --fname 01_data_new.ipynb
converting: 01_data_new.ipynb
An error occurred while executing the following cell:
------------------
#export
from nbdev.showdoc import show_doc
from fastai2_resnet_audio.data import *
------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ModuleNotFoundError                       Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-1-7aec7488d308> in <module>
      1 #export
----> 2 from nbdev.showdoc import show_doc
      3 from fastai2_resnet_audio.data import *

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/florian/miniconda3/envs/fastai2dev/bin/nbdev_build_docs", line 8, in <module>
    sys.exit(nbdev_build_docs())
  File "/Users/florian/miniconda3/envs/fastai2dev/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastscript/core.py", line 73, in _f
    func(**args.__dict__)
  File "/Users/florian/miniconda3/envs/fastai2dev/lib/python3.7/site-packages/nbdev/cli.py", line 101, in nbdev_build_docs
    notebook2html(fname=fname, force_all=force_all, n_workers=n_workers)
  File "/Users/florian/miniconda3/envs/fastai2dev/lib/python3.7/site-packages/nbdev/export2html.py", line 488, in notebook2html
    raise Exception(msg + '\n'.join([f.name for p,f in zip(passed,files) if not p]))
Exception: Conversion failed on the following:
01_data_new.ipynb

Thanks Florian

@florianl, I had similar issues building my nbdev project using Windows. The workaroound that I found is to build my docs using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL). I use ubuntu 18 that you can find in the Windows Store. You might check out my timeseries package and its documentation that I built using fastai2 and nbdev.

1 Like

have you done pip install nbdev ?

3 Likes