Lesson 3: [Paperspace] Files Not Found Errors

Hello everyone,

I’ve just started with the DL1 course a few days ago but I’ve ran into a problem when trying to go along with the follwoing steps:

• 01:20:30 Multi-label classification with Amazon Satellite competition

Im trying to run this cell in particular labeled “Data preparation steps if you are using Crestle”:

os.makedirs('data/planet/models', exist_ok=True)
os.makedirs('/cache/planet/tmp', exist_ok=True)

!ln -s /datasets/kaggle/planet-understanding-the-amazon-from-space/train-jpg {PATH}
!ln -s /datasets/kaggle/planet-understanding-the-amazon-from-space/test-jpg {PATH}
!ln -s /datasets/kaggle/planet-understanding-the-amazon-from-space/train_v2.csv {PATH}
!ln -s /cache/planet/tmp {PATH}

and I get a PermissionError “[Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘/cache’” when I try to run it. So do I just omit this step on Paperspace or do I have to adjust some lines to make them run on a Paperspace environment?
Because omitting the step completely gives me “FileNotFound” exceptions down the line.

Has this something to do with the recent release of fastai 1.0? That was one of my initial thoughts… If so, is there any straightforward way to checkout some of the older material to follow along those 10 month old videos painlessly? Because otherwise it may be smart to wait for the newer version of the videos to come out, if they are going to be released shortly.

Thanks in advance

Hello there,

A possible explanation for that is that you are trying to create your folder insider root directory /. Try removing the first / in /cache/planet/tmp and see if that works. :slightly_smiling_face:

In case it does remember to also modify the rest of your code to point to the new folder instead.