Lesson 2 Failed to download photos on Kaggle

Hi everyone!

I was running a notebook for lesson 2 on Kaggle but got stuck when I was running download_images(path/file, dest, max_pics=200). None of the downloads succeeded.

The error messages go like this.

`Error https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41nGGVyAxJL.jpg HTTPSConnectionPool(host='images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /images/I/41nGGVyAxJL.jpg (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f6845762e10>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution',))`

I just forked the notebook and haven’t modified it yet. My network connection is fine and I can open the links and see the bear pictures.

Please, what should I do?

Edit: I see why I got the error. I didn’t verify my phone number for Kaggle so my internet connection in the notebook was blocked. Can fix it soon.

2 Likes

Thanks for the post. I had the same issue and did not notice the internal was turned off :slightly_smiling_face:

My phone number is verified, but I’m still getting this error, anyone know how to fix it?
Edit: Realized the internet bar at the side was off, that fixed the issue