Lesson 1 using paperspace: Failed to display Jupyter Widget of type HBox

Hello,

I’ve just started the course and when i’ve ran the jupyter it says “Failed to display Jupyter Widget of type HBox.”, is this something i can ignore or not?

I’ve tried to fix it using the suggestions on the link “https://ipywidgets.readthedocs.io/en/stable/user_install.html” but it comes back with OK for pip installed and asked for downgrading blas, numpy, scipy which i canceled out as i thought that might break something else. Anyone have any ideas?

(fastai) paperspace@psmafogam:~$ jupyter nbextension enable --py widgetsnbextension
Enabling notebook extension jupyter-js-widgets/extension…
- Validating: OK

(fastai) paperspace@psmafogam:~$ conda install -c conda-forge ipywidgets
Fetching package metadata …
Solving package specifications: .

Package plan for installation in environment /home/paperspace/anaconda3/envs/fastai:

The following NEW packages will be INSTALLED:

mkl_fft:    1.0.2-py36_0                  conda-forge
mkl_random: 1.0.1-py36_0                  conda-forge
numpy-base: 1.14.3-py36h9be14a7_1

The following packages will be DOWNGRADED:

blas:       1.1-openblas                  conda-forge --> 1.0-mkl           
numpy:      1.14.3-py36_blas_openblas_200 conda-forge [blas_openblas] --> 1.14.3-py36hcd700cb_1
scipy:      1.1.0-py36_blas_openblas_200  conda-forge [blas_openblas] --> 1.1.0-py36hfc37229_0

in 9 : arch=resnet34
data = ImageClassifierData.from_paths(PATH, tfms=tfms_from_model(arch, sz))
learn = ConvLearner.pretrained(arch, data, precompute=True)
learn.fit(0.01, 2)

Failed to display Jupyter Widget of type HBox.

If you’re reading this message in the Jupyter Notebook or JupyterLab Notebook, it may mean that the widgets JavaScript is still loading. If this message persists, it likely means that the widgets JavaScript library is either not installed or not enabled. See the Jupyter Widgets Documentation for setup instructions.

If you’re reading this message in another frontend (for example, a static rendering on GitHub or NBViewer), it may mean that your frontend doesn’t currently support widgets.

epoch trn_loss val_loss accuracy
0 0.042222 0.028351 0.991211
1 0.035367 0.026421 0.991211

[0.026420766, 0.9912109375]

found the issue. Just needed to run the entries in jupyter - rookie mistake.