Late night study group in London, UK

Hey Andrew.

This is great. I would love to be a part of this group.

1 Like

Hi @AndrewK, I am from Nigeria, and I think I can work with your timezone, can I join the group?

1 Like

I have joind London slack channel & we can keep updating this thread for London meetup.

1 Like

Yes, of course!

1 Like

Hi,

I am located in a similar time zone as you. I live in Spain. I would like to be part of this study group.

Kind regards
Jose Mari

Jose, you are welcome to join our Slack channel, as is anyone else who is following the fastai course, whether they live in London or not!

Hi,

I added myself to #Slack chanell I’m from Dublin just behind the corner of London :slight_smile:

Cheers

Michal

1 Like

Thanks a mil Andrew. I have joined the group.

-best Abhay

1 Like

Hello @AndrewK
I would love to be part of the group though am from Nigeria but i can work with your timezone.
Thanks.

1 Like

Hey from Manchester, can I join or am I too northern for you’s :disappointed_relieved: (actually scottish!)

Hey everyone,

I’m joining this group slightly ahead of time as I’ll be moving to london by the first week on Nov. Also joined the meetup group.

Thanks
Pranjal

1 Like

Yes David, we’re happy to take anyone, even Scots :grinning:

Just want to know if there is any plan for physical meetup study group? Would be great to get together and talk about the course and lectures.

Are people using their own pcs, or cloud for the course? Really thinking of upgrading my pc and dedicate more time to deep learning!

As I mentioned upthread, we did run an in-person study group at the London Data Science Workshop for the MOOC over the summer. We may do it again when the new MOOC is launched in the New Year, but we don’t have anything planned to run concurrently with the new lecture series.

But don’t let that stop anyone from organising their own group, of course!

I’m using Salamander.ai this time around (last time I used Paperspace and also some Google Colab). I’d love to own a GPU but the decent ones don’t come cheap!

Are we planning for a meet up?

Hi, I have just launched a discussion thread on fastai study groups to gather feedback from organizers and participants to identify best practices and avoid some gaps.

You will find more information in this post. Thank you if you can participate in the discussion :slight_smile:

Hi!

My name’s Michal, I’m based in London and I deliver data science projects for companies.
I love the fast.ai course and have recently decided to organize a study group, to help create a friendly and collaborative learning circumstance that is welcoming to all.
We want to meet in person, do lightning talks, answer each other’s questions, and share the outcomes of our projects. Great learning at high velocity with strong knowledge retention.
We’re aiming to run the 7 weeks between mid February and end of April.

I intend to secure a venue that matches our commitment, and I have a potential sponsor for some of the costs

Please leave your contact here if you’d like to be part of the group!
[https://michalmucha.typeform.com/to/P30lcA]
(only for the purpose of this group, no other messaging)

Next steps:

1. survey of preferences in terms of realistic levels commitment, meeting interval and format
  2. securing a venue that matches group size
  3. scheduling the 7 weeks!

I look forward to meeting in person and learning together!

1 Like

I’m keen

1 Like