Is there an active slack community?

(James Birchfield) #1

I have seen mention of a Slack channel on the wiki, but it appears I might need an invite. If that is the case, may I request one? my email for that would be birchsport@gmail.com

FWIW, I am super impressed with everything about this course so far. I have really enjoyed watching the first introduction video and getting my local and AWS env setup. I am coming into this as a senior software engineer, with decent knowledge of this space, no practical experience, but a strong desire to learn.

I participated in the Titanic Kagle project and provided a Java/WEKA impl on github for it, and I am really looking forward to this journey.

(Eric Perbos-Brinck) #2

Hi James,
My understanding is: there was a dedicated Slack channel for Fast.ai Part 1 back in fall 2016, as a channel for “current participants” but this was discontinued in favor of forums.fast.ai (“free” and easier archive management/search)

(James Birchfield) #3

Makes sense. Thank you very much Eric.

(Marius B) #4

Maybe just rehashing @EricPB’s answer, but (at the time of writing) there’s this mention on the wiki’s FAQ section:

Do you have a Slack channel so I can ask questions? How can I join?

For most questions and discussions, we prefer to use Discourse […] available at forums.fast.ai and open to anyone.

Googled for it, this was on of the top results, and it seems to be current for V3 of Part 1 (2018) as well. :+1: