IOError In lesson 3- Planet

Excuse me! I have a problem here when I use Colab, it is IOError even though I have uploaded the kaggle.json file in my directory. I can not find the path /root/.kaggle. How to fix this error?
I appreciate with your help!

Hi Cuong hope all is well!
I had the same problem when doing this notebook, to make it work I used a different directory. It would not work from the directory used in the notebook. I used the command below and and added a comment for when I use the notebook in the future.

! mv /content/drive/“My Drive”/fastai-v3/data/planet/kaggle.json ~/.kaggle/ # use this after dragging kaggle.json to the directory above from macbook

Hope this helps.

mrfabulous1 :smiley::smiley:

I am still not clear, you mean that you create a different directory which is outside of the notebook, don’t you @mrfabulous1 ?
If you do so, please tell me where your directory is?

Hi Cuong glad your having fun!

I am still not clear, you mean that you create a different directory which is outside of the notebook, don’t you @mrfabulous1 ?

I am not sure what you mean by this?:smiley:

If you do so, please tell me where your directory is?

Below is a copy of my development notebook.

If you look closely at my notebook after I have mounted my Googledrive.

I do the following.

1. I copy/drag the kaggle.json to anywhere in my Googledrive.
  2. I right click the kaggle.json to find its path
  3. I then cp/mv kaggle.json to ~/.kaggle/ (I use cp becauee I am working on the same notebook for days! sometimes and don’t want to keep uploading kaggle.json :smiley:)

So you can choose any directory you like, I used my copy of the planet directory on my Googledrive.

Hope this helps mrfabulous1 :smiley::smiley: