ImageCleaner on colab

Does anyone know why ImageCleaner does not work on colab? I am running lesson 2 and when I get to ImageCleaner it gets stuck and I have to restart the notebook. Some people mentioned that colab doesn’t support ipywidgets but I have tried different widgets in colab and all of them worked just fine.
Does anyone know how it can be fixed?

2 Likes

Google won’t allow some widgets. ImageCleaner being one of them.

1 Like

Thanks.
When I look at the link you posted, it seems that the problem has been resolved.
If there is only certain widgets colab is not allowing I am wondering exactly which widgets they are. Or if there is a way to modify the ImageCleaner to be compatible with colab.

It’s ones that are requested. It seems that since ImageCleaner came from FastAI, I believe someone needs to request to have it allowed.

1 Like

According to this link, Image widget causes Colab to disconnect.

From my personal experience, it would not only cause a disconnect, but also cause the entire runtime to hang up at “Busy”.

@yuxi_liu_1995 That is correct. My widget will be able to show you what images were most wrong in a particular category (box on the confusion matrix) which is about as close as I’ve gotten so far, along with the file name . See here:

https://forums.fast.ai/t/new-colab-widget-classlosses/50086/6

1 Like