I can’t find locate my saved model file in GCP

Help please, I am now using GCP, but after practicing the first dog and cat lesson, I don’t know where to find my saved model file?

IIRC it should be in a model folder wherever your dataset is.
learn.path should give you the dataset’s location if you don’t know where it is (happened to me once)

1 Like

Hi, thank you very much for the hint.

So, I get the file path here PosixPath(’/home/jupyter/.fastai/data/oxford-iiit-pet/images’) at notebook, but how can I access or download the learn model file for production in GCP?

I think I misunderstood your question as I didn’t understand you wanted to download the whole model for production.

In case I did understand, you can also use learn.save(“trained_model”, return_path=True), which will save your parameters to a pth file. But before loading it you’d have have a learn object.

There might be other threads on the forum on getting a model ready for production? Or maybe others will chime in.

Hi, I saw the file path here PosixPath(’/home/jupyter/.fastai/data/oxford-iiit-pet/images/models/trained_model.pth’), but that is not what I need it, I need to go to the file and download the file. But I can’t see it in my jupyter notebook directory?

From jupyter, you can open a new terminal window and use the mv command. Something like:
mv /home/jupyter/.fastai/data/oxford-iiit-pet/images/models/trained_model.pth dest

where dest is your jupyter directory (maybe home/directory).

That’s how I would try to get that file.