Hi Fast.ai users,
I’ve completed about half of the Fast.ai lecture series, and I’m interested in taking a crack at building for real-world use case I have.
I’m currently shopping for a new project car, so I want to minimize my initial purchase price. My desired method of doing this is:
- Enter car info into a table
- Analyze the aggregate data
- Create a pricing guide for myself
- Haggle with sellers armed with superior info
Unfortunately, step 1. does not spark joy. I would far rather prefer to simply screenshot the entire page of cars, and have the data automatically transformed into a table, with no additional input from me.
If I wanted to implement this, roughly speaking how would I get started from an architecture standpoint? My goals are
- Simple codebase → easy to read / maintain
- Simple infrastructure → easy to read / maintain
- Suited well for use in a Chrome extension
Since I have only completed part of this course, feel free to point out “obvious” things or explain your thinking granularly. I will not take offense. Positive and critical feedback also appreciated.
Thanks in advance