How to use the machine learning course after the deep learning course

Hi all,

I was recently completing the fastai course for deep learning when I found out about the machine learning course by Jeremy. I felt it was better to learn the ML course before the DL course.

However, I am totally confused about how to go about creating the necessary environments. There are just too many posts out there and it’s really confusing to find the right guide. I am using Paperspace with the pre-installed fastai container. In it I can see the dl1 and the dl2 folders but not the ml folder.

How do I even start? Should I use the existing notebook on Gradient (Paperspace) and create a separate environment in it and then clone the old repo?
Also the terminal in the Jupyter Notebook is behaving weirdly. I tried to do conda activate test after creating a test environment but it throws up an error
CommandNotFoundError: Your shell has not been properly configured to use 'conda activate'. To initialize your shell, run $ conda init <SHELL_NAME>

Any help would be highly appreciated
Also, please excuse me if this post is not on the right forum. In that case, please let me know the correct forum for this and I will move it there.

Regards,
Swastik