Google Cloud and Voila

Hi,

chapter 2 of the book uses Voila to turn the bear classifier notebook into an app.
I am running Jupyter via Google Cloud.
Installing Voila works fine, but when registering it with Jupyter I get the below error message.
Did somebody come along this?
Is there a fix?
Or is there a principle issue with using voila via Google Cloud?

thanks a lot
Norbert

(base) jupyter@pytorch-1-11-20220526-193925:~$ jupyter serverextension enable --sys-prefix voila
Enabling: voila

• Writing config: /opt/conda/etc/jupyter
    • Validating…
      voila 0.3.5 OK
      Exception ignored in: <function Application.del at 0x7f4685edecb0>
      Traceback (most recent call last):
      File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/traitlets/config/application.py”, line 955, in del
      File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/traitlets/config/application.py”, line 945, in close_handlers
      File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/traitlets/traitlets.py”, line 683, in get
      File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/traitlets/traitlets.py”, line 662, in get
      File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/traitlets/traitlets.py”, line 1428, in _notify_observers
      File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/traitlets/config/application.py”, line 273, in _observe_logging_default
      File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/traitlets/config/application.py”, line 278, in _configure_logging
      File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/logging/config.py”, line 800, in dictConfig
      File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/logging/config.py”, line 546, in configure
      ValueError: Unable to configure formatter ‘console’
      (base) jupyter@pytorch-1-11-20220526-193925:~$

Hi Norbert, have you tried Gradio, it seems that’s is preferable now. If you look at Jeremy’s Kaggle notebooks you may see an example of this.

P.S. Don’t forget to upvote the notebooks btw :smiley:

Thanks for pointing this out Mike.
I will definitely give Gradio a try.

1 Like

Gradio seams to be very good for demos. It allows to simplify the code for the bear classifier further.

1 Like