Gilbert Strang on Deep Learning

Hi,

I didn’t know that this existed, but did not find it from the forum by search.

I stumbled upon it while searching about positive definite matrices. But this really seems to be a full course by THE Gilbert Strang.

Explaining Deep Learning, starting from Linear Algebra, then splitting into Probability and Statistics; Optimization, and then finally bringing it all together in Deep Learning.

Check out the intro video:

I have previously followed Gilbert Strang’s opencourseware and can not more recommend this guy. I believe it’s the perfect companion for Jeremy Howard’s and Andrew Ng’s just so beautiful deep learning courses.

Happy learning!

EDIT: Added optimization.
EDIT: Fix typos.

10 Likes

Thanks Aki :slight_smile: Great to know this exists :slight_smile: I watched Gilbert Strang’s calculus and linear algebra lectures. Amazing :slight_smile:

Thx again for the heads up.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Few educators make these topics so understandable. Dr. Strang is one of the best :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I concur, it is a joy to learn from Gilbert Strang. I’ve watched the first 8 lectures of this course now and absolutely love them. I often use the TouchTheVideo app to mark important sections to review and for one particular lecture I couldn’t find a single point that didn’t seem essential.

1 Like

Gilbert Strang has released Indian editions of two of his popular mathematics books, in India.
Details are at www.wellesleypublishers.com

Prof. Strang’s latest video lectures : A 2020 Vision of Linear Algebra, Spring 2020
ocw.mit.edu/resources/res-18-010-a-2020-vision-of-linear-algebra-spring-2020