General course chat

Are we going to see sequence labeling in this course or any other NLP related tasks?

1 Like

I am currently in Nigeria and the local time of tge course for me is weekdays @ 2:30am. Its really tough to stick around. Can anything be done as regards it.

Same for me. Unfortunately, someone around the globe has to bite the bullet. If it is too disruptive for you, you can always rewatch the YouTube stream the following day.

2 Likes

Ok thanks for the reply. I am watching d video of the first class. I am finding it difficult to join a study team - cant seem to find any on my timezone. Pls can you help with suggestions also?

Africa+1 is in the same timezone as Europe+1 so if you find nobody in Africa (it will suprise me) you could join a European group.

1 Like

Thanks Benoit. I found “Lagos study group”

3 Likes

Hey Opsy, try to make the effort staying awake. Trust me it’s a great moment. It’s just once a week. And if you can’t, the recorded video is available right away.

Cheers.

1 Like

I’m also interested

Is there any way to check the Seasonality(Additive or Multiplicative) of the time series data or do we have to identify manually by plotting the graph ?

If I am not wrong, then fast.ai live part 3 lecture 2 starts in half an hour.
And I cannot find any links where to watch the live session.

I think it’s tomorrow. I was mistaken too.

where is lecture 2 link?

2 Likes

purpose of data.normalize(imagenet_stats )

I m looking for the link as well.

Hah!. Somehow when I saved the event to Google Calendar, It got saved as 7:00am Oct 30.
It is originally in Oct 30 6:30PM Pacific time.

Which means for us Indian users, it is in Oct 31 7:00am.

Meet you all in the live session tommorow.

By the way, If any of you are from Kolkata, India, we can form a study group. Are you in?

2 Likes

hi Arunava,
have you got any update. i am also struggling to find updated link

Class is scheduled tomorrow. Oct 31st 7.00 A.M

1 Like

If you are in IST, the session is tomorrow at this time.

As I said, for us Indian users, Its October 31, 7:00 am.
Which is tommorow.

yes , now understood the time difference. thanks,
Swati