hello everyone !
before posting, i tried to find other posts whith the same problem i face but i did not find, so i hope it will not be redundant with an other post !
After having saw first video on image classification, i started to set up my Google Cloud Platform (GCP) environment. I release each step succesfully expect until command :
gcloud compute ssh --zone=$ZONE jupyter@$INSTANCE_NAME -- -L 8080:localhost:8080
Each times, i have the same error results. I used ubuntu App for Windows 10 as a terminal :
“Updating project ssh metadata…⠧Updated [https://www.googleapis.com/compute/v1/projects/my-fastai-project-6].
Updating project ssh metadata…done.
Waiting for SSH key to propagate.
jupyter@X.X.X.X: Permission denied (publickey).
ERROR: (gcloud.compute.ssh) Could not SSH into the instance. It is possible that your SSH key has not propagated to the instance yet. Try running this command again. If you still cannot connect, verify that the firewall and instance are set to accept ssh traffic.
“ssh: connect to host 188.8.131.52 port 22: Connection refused
ERROR: (gcloud.compute.ssh) [/usr/bin/ssh] exited with return code .”
To solve this, i tried :
- to delete and create a new instance several times from my windows computer. Besides, i tried also to create new instance from my macBook but the result was the same.
- Disable my computer firewall
- Add firewall rules inside GCOULD
- init gcloud
- telnet port 22 : seems working
- ssh port 22 :not working.
- I checked each time inside Metadata -> SSH , that key is well created.
- to create ssh key with putty, save public and priivate key to my computer and adding public key inside my SSH instance
neither of these options worked, so i decided to create my jupyter environment directly from my gcloud instance with an SSH windows.
The manimulation worked because i can see with command “jupyter notebook list” the notebookj created. However, when i tried to connect to " http://:" i got an empty google chrome windows with an error message.
I’am trying to fix this issue since two days, anyone can please help ?