Future of SwiftAI

Hi! Since the Swift for Tensorflow project GitHub repo was archived, I am curious what is the future of the SwiftAI project?

1 Like

Me too I like Swift but it does not seem to get any traction outside of the Apple ecosystem.

1 Like

Hi,
guys, have you found any answer? Is it worth to invest time into the Swift lessons of Part 2?
Tnx,
Maxim

No, nothing. Since the SwiftAI project on GitHub has not been contributed to for months now, I guess it could be over for it too.

Thanks!

I have some hope that FastAI hasn’t given up on this repo yet. I would hope to be able to contribute to and revive their repository. I’m trying to move discussion onto this thread: Swift for tensorflow seems dead · Issue #22 · fastai/swiftai · GitHub. @jeremy is it possible to talk this over with someone?

2 Likes

Sure you can talk it over right here with me! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Jeremy, I watched most of the lessons from the 2020 course and I was puzzled you guys decided to go with Swift instead of Rust that seems to be the perfect choice for AI if we want both, security and performance.

But as 2 years have passed and the Rust ecosystem has evolved a lot in that time I wanted to bring it back to your attention and ask you about your thoughts on this.

Also, I’m eagerly waiting for the release of the 2022 course! Unfortunately I missed the live sessions but I’ll make sure to enroll for the live sessions for part 2.

Thanks a lot for all you do @jeremy!

1 Like

Rust is a great systems language but it wouldn’t be my first choice for exploratory programming.

2 Likes