FloatProgress not found. Please update jupyter and ipywidgets

I am getting this error in UNet learner after changing resnet34 arch by xresnet34

That doesn’t tell us much at all on how to fix it. We need the full stack trace to be able to do anything. But on a related note unet is only available for the main ResNet architectures, not xresnet so it won’t work OOTB.

Downloading: "https://s3.amazonaws.com/fast-ai-modelzoo/xrn50_940.pth" to /home/david/.cache/torch/checkpoints/xrn50_940.pth

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
NameError                                 Traceback (most recent call last)
~/anaconda3/envs/seg/lib/python3.7/site-packages/tqdm/notebook.py in status_printer(_, total, desc, ncols)
     95             if total:
---> 96                 pbar = IProgress(min=0, max=total)
     97             else:  # No total? Show info style bar with no progress tqdm status

NameError: name 'IProgress' is not defined

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-21-698a6d339346> in <module>
      1 learn = unet_learner(dls, xresnet34, metrics=[tumour,Dice(),JaccardCoeff()],wd=1e-2,
----> 2                      pretrained=True,normalize=True, config=config).to_fp16()

~/anaconda3/envs/seg/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastcore/utils.py in _f(*args, **kwargs)
    424         log_dict = {**func_args.arguments, **{f'{k} (not in signature)':v for k,v in xtra_kwargs.items()}}
    425         log = {f'{f.__qualname__}.{k}':v for k,v in log_dict.items() if k not in but}
--> 426         inst = f(*args, **kwargs) if to_return else args[0]
    427         init_args = getattr(inst, 'init_args', {})
    428         init_args.update(log)

~/anaconda3/envs/seg/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastai2/vision/learner.py in unet_learner(dls, arch, loss_func, pretrained, cut, splitter, config, n_in, n_out, normalize, **kwargs)
    193     if config is None: config = unet_config()
    194     meta = model_meta.get(arch, _default_meta)
--> 195     body = create_body(arch, n_in, pretrained, ifnone(cut, meta['cut']))
    196     size = dls.one_batch()[0].shape[-2:]
    197     if n_out is None: n_out = get_c(dls)

~/anaconda3/envs/seg/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastai2/vision/learner.py in create_body(arch, n_in, pretrained, cut)
     64 def create_body(arch, n_in=3, pretrained=True, cut=None):
     65     "Cut off the body of a typically pretrained `arch` as determined by `cut`"
---> 66     model = arch(pretrained=pretrained)
     67     _update_first_layer(model, n_in, pretrained)
     68     #cut = ifnone(cut, cnn_config(arch)['cut'])

~/anaconda3/envs/seg/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastai2/vision/models/xresnet.py in xresnet34(pretrained, **kwargs)
     62 def xresnet18 (pretrained=False, **kwargs): return _xresnet(pretrained, 1, [2, 2,  2, 2], **kwargs)
---> 63 def xresnet34 (pretrained=False, **kwargs): return _xresnet(pretrained, 1, [3, 4,  6, 3], **kwargs)
     64 def xresnet50 (pretrained=False, **kwargs): return _xresnet(pretrained, 4, [3, 4,  6, 3], **kwargs)
     65 def xresnet101(pretrained=False, **kwargs): return _xresnet(pretrained, 4, [3, 4, 23, 3], **kwargs)

~/anaconda3/envs/seg/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastai2/vision/models/xresnet.py in _xresnet(pretrained, expansion, layers, **kwargs)
     57     url = 'https://s3.amazonaws.com/fast-ai-modelzoo/xrn50_940.pth'
     58     res = XResNet(ResBlock, expansion, layers, **kwargs)
---> 59     if pretrained: res.load_state_dict(load_state_dict_from_url(url, map_location='cpu')['model'], strict=False)
     60     return res

~/anaconda3/envs/seg/lib/python3.7/site-packages/torch/hub.py in load_state_dict_from_url(url, model_dir, map_location, progress, check_hash)
    490         sys.stderr.write('Downloading: "{}" to {}\n'.format(url, cached_file))
    491         hash_prefix = HASH_REGEX.search(filename).group(1) if check_hash else None
--> 492         download_url_to_file(url, cached_file, hash_prefix, progress=progress)
    494     # Note: extractall() defaults to overwrite file if exists. No need to clean up beforehand.

~/anaconda3/envs/seg/lib/python3.7/site-packages/torch/hub.py in download_url_to_file(url, dst, hash_prefix, progress)
    409             sha256 = hashlib.sha256()
    410         with tqdm(total=file_size, disable=not progress,
--> 411                   unit='B', unit_scale=True, unit_divisor=1024) as pbar:
    412             while True:
    413                 buffer = u.read(8192)

~/anaconda3/envs/seg/lib/python3.7/site-packages/tqdm/notebook.py in __init__(self, *args, **kwargs)
    207         total = self.total * unit_scale if self.total else self.total
    208         self.container = self.status_printer(
--> 209             self.fp, total, self.desc, self.ncols)
    210         self.sp = self.display

~/anaconda3/envs/seg/lib/python3.7/site-packages/tqdm/notebook.py in status_printer(_, total, desc, ncols)
    102             # #187 #451 #558
    103             raise ImportError(
--> 104                 "FloatProgress not found. Please update jupyter and ipywidgets."
    105                 " See https://ipywidgets.readthedocs.io/en/stable"
    106                 "/user_install.html")

ImportError: FloatProgress not found. Please update jupyter and ipywidgets. See https://ipywidgets.readthedocs.io/en/stable/user_install.html

I am getting the same error with resnet50!!

Is there any place to see available architectures and if they are pretrained?

The error comes from tqdm, used by torch.hub to show the progress bar when you download the model. This has nothing to do with fastai. Also it does tell you what to do: update jupyter and ipywidgets and tells you to go to https://ipywidgets.readthedocs.io/en/stable/user_install.html to see how.

I tried updating ipywidgets and is working!

Closing my issue in github right now. Sorry

1 Like

The error comes from tqdm, used by torch.hub to show the progress bar when you download the model. This has nothing to do with fastai. Also it does tell you what to do: update jupyter and ipywidgets.

fastbook 01 notebook, widgets not defined, I update both ipywidgets and jupyter notebook, add add the import ipywidgets as widgets and it is not the same problem, but it is working now.

1 Like

Yeah, I solved it in that way. I forgot to update :pensive:

Now, I have the problem of two upload buttons. And the next cell with error can’t find the path. :frowning:
OK. I just found out the comment in next cell – the button is fake :hot_face: