Feedback wanted on first (amateur) blog post!

Hey everyone!

Quite new to the forums, but will definitely try to be more active here. I tried finishing this course at an earlier iteration, but gave up for various reasons. This is my second time trying and I’ve gotten much further along and definitely feel more ready to complete it. I took Jeremy’s suggestion to start writing things down, but I feel totally inadequate as I’m worried I’m writing down absolute nonsense! Would love some feedback on my first “blog post” and if there are any glaring inaccuracies. Thanks!

https://comprehensio.com/

PS. If anyone has any suggestions for making the d3 transformations less janky, I’m all ears! For some reason it looks really smooth on my older computer, but my newer one can’t seem to handle it.

2 Likes

This looks amazing! It’s very interactive, I like it!

The only issue I would say is that sometimes when you press the matrices multiple times, it applies the matrix to the data multiple times, and I am not sure if that’s desired. Maybe instead you could somehow only allow the user to press on it once?

1 Like

It is an interesting concept I agree that having a little more control over what the buttons are doing would be helpful, but I don’t know the best way to do that. I clicked the [[1,0],[0,0]] button and then the [[0,0],[1,0]] button and took a minute to figure out what I had done and how to reset things. Overall like the concept and interesting read. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks a ton to both of you for your feedback/suggestions! Very appreciated!

1 Like

Great blog and it looks interesting. :slightly_smiling_face: I appreciate your work, keep going like that!

Thanks a ton, Daniel!

I’ve been making some small changes incorporating Tanishq and Kevin’s suggestions, but haven’t pushed these out yet. Thanks again to everybody for the feedback! :blush: