I am learning D3js, so I made this little dashboard using API available for COVID-19 data for India powered by fastpages.
Thank you, this is very good. T
- can you please include URLs to your data sources?
- India is anomalously low in Covid19 cases and deaths (compared to USA and other countries, and given its high population). Why is this? One would think that Covid transmission rates would be very high given India’s high population density (# people/km2). Two possibilities come to mind: a) under-reporting, and b) something about India leads to lower transmission rates.
Thank you, Abhishek.
- The source is included on the page. Here is the link: https://api.rootnet.in/
- Following are the main reasons for such low numbers:
- 1.3 billion Indian population is under government-imposed lockdown since March 25, 2020 (Up to May 3, as of this time).
- India has proactively screened incoming passengers at all entry-points since early February.
- On April 14, Prime Minister Narendra Modi made a public appeal to use home-made masks in his address to the nation. #Masks4All
Some people claim that testing in India has been low but out of the total individuals tested, less than 4.5% have tested positive so that in my opinion is fine given the limited resources compared to US and European countries.
It is yet to be seen how the numbers would change once the lockdown ends. Currently, Mumbai, Gujarat and Delhi are the worst affected provinces in India.
Thanks for your helpful answer.
Hoping Indian people triumph over Covid.
Keep up the good work on your data site.
The world is together in this fight against Covid. Hope all of us achieve decisive victory in this fight.
This Sanskrit shloka from ancient Indian scriptures seems apt लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनोभवंतु ( lokāḥ samastāḥ sukhino-bhavaṁtu).
Meaning: May all beings everywhere be happy and free.
I just read on CDS website that the deaths have spiked over 4000 in India. Looking at the country to see how they have been effectively dealing, considering their large population.