Fastbook website

I just started reading the book from Oreilly platform. The book keeps referring to the book site.But it redirects to the fastai v4 course page. Do you guys know where I will find the resources related to the book?

2 Likes

They are one in the same. The part 1 walked through the book, hence why it links.

Thanks @muellerzr . Will I also find the answers for the questionnaire at the end of each chapter there ? I had a look into the site and couldn’t find it.

There are threads on the forum discussing them, but to my knowledge no answer key (aside from those) exist.

Thanks so much. I found the thread in the forum for the answer key.

Thanks.
I’ve just started the course and have found this linking issue very frustrating: all the fastbook links to book website do indeed redirect to v4 course page…

This website is linked so much that I have to presume it exists beyond the forums (though these have so far been very good).
Is there a good way to contact course organisers about this?

If website never existed some improved wording in book/lessons would be really helpful for future students.

Thanks.
I’ve just started the course and have found this linking issue very frustrating: all the fastbook links to book website do indeed redirect to v4 course page… which is not good when looking for resources…eg how to register for Bing Image Search? or other recommended tutorials on adjacent topics

This website is linked so much that I have to presume it exists beyond the forums.
Is there a good way to contact course organisers about this?

2 Likes

I’d agree with you there. Linking official forum posts (such as the discussion answers for that lesson, or “Did YOU do the homework?” from the website or fastbook would be very convenient.

Yes and Lesson 1 - Official topic also seem’s very useful, for lesson 1, e.g.

In page 400 of the book, it says there’s a bonus chapter on Transformers on the book’s website. I can’t find it in the course website. Does it refer to the following documentation?

1 Like

Also has anyone else found out where there is good documentation on argument options? for example when looking at the DataBlock documentation it doesnt tell you what the valid argument options for the functions are. e.g. that get_image_files is a valid option available for the get_items argument. Would be really appreciative if someone could point me in the right direction.