Fastai v2 daily code walk-thrus

Bit early at 3 AM in India, but still cannot miss this walk thru and the discussions. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

I think that would be great, but Iā€™m not sure the highest level APIs are stable enough yet for that to make sense.

What Iā€™m really looking for is to just capture the key points I make in each walk-thru, with any additional context that helps to explain whatā€™s going on.

Thanks for asking! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes Iā€™ll link to it in the top of this thread.

3 Likes

Yes I think thatā€™s the best option if Skype doesnā€™t work out, or if there are too many people trying to join.

4 Likes

40 mins isnā€™t really enoughā€¦

Got it! Thanks for clarifying :slight_smile: Iā€™ll wait on those then!

This will be great. I have actually been thinking something like this would be nice to help get oriented to the new library. Definitely will be there :smiley:

Do you have a time estimate on how long each session will be?

I have been super impressed with Zoom. I havenā€™t looked into the non-free versions though.

Hey @jeremy ! Weā€™re using a paid zoom plan by Sam Charrington @sbc for the community Meetups over at TWiML. I asked Sam and youā€™re welcome to use it. Iā€™ll send you the login details via PM if you want to. Zoom always worked really well for us!

9 Likes

Yes that would be great! Thanks @kai @sbc :slight_smile:

Not really sure. Maybe 90 mins or so. Weā€™ll see how we go!

2 Likes

@jeremy What @kai said. Also happy to add on the webinar feature for this, which allows live streaming via Youtube.

It worked really well for us for this panel: https://twimlai.com/twiml-talk-234-dissecting-the-controversy-surrounding-openais-new-language-model/

5 Likes

@sbc that sounds great. Iā€™ll PM you for details.

FYI that embedded video isnā€™t working - apparently embedding is turned off for it. But I was able to watch it in YouTube fine. Is does look good!

another good (and free, also as in freedom and privacy) is jitsi webtool: https://meet.jit.si/
having said that, i havenā€™t tested it with that many participantsā€¦
but it can stream to youtube and record to dropbox

edit: just reading the thread, zoom (paid) is tried and tested so make sense to use it :slight_smile:

Beam me up! I will be there.

Has it begun?

It will be roughly be 3.5 hours from now

Thanks to @sbc weā€™ll be using Zoom instead of Skype.

4 Likes

for everyone joining, you can launch zoom in the browser if youā€™re using Chrome, otherwise you have to download and install it.

(your adblocker may block the browser link)

1 Like

Another great feature of zoom is it will let everybody make sure their audio and mic are working before things are live so hopefully there will be less ā€œIs it you or meā€ issues.