Fastai cookbook

Hi,
It would be really nice to have a cookbook for fastai. I often struggle trying to find best way to do certain tasks and end up spending a lot of (unnecessary) time.
We could make this a wiki thread and have everyone contribute and improve the recipes.
Thoughts?

11 Likes

You’ll find base recipe notebooks in fastai/docs_src/ they are really well done and pretty extensive.

3 Likes

Yup I know, but they only cater to basic usage which gets also covered in the lesson notebooks. If your model is not working well and you need to troubleshoot, then its a bit of struggle.
For e.g. when my text classifier is not giving the correct output, what should I check next? How can I see the top losses? How can I update the training data? (This was demonstrated for fastai.vision but not supported for fastai.text IMO)
Also see this post. Would be nice to consolidate all such intelligent tricks in one place.

1 Like

I should find to time to summarise my experience and understandings on the “Data Block Api” on holidays…

Definitely we can join our efforts!

BTW: great name “FastAi Cookbook”

4 Likes

Its standard terminology :slight_smile:

This thread is a perfect example for why we need it badly.

Nobody should be required to spend a few hours trying to do a routine thing.

@jeremy : Pls share your thoughts. If we can convert this thread into a wiki, everyone here can contribute towards creating and maintaining it.

2 Likes

It took me some time, but eventually I’ve published!

3 Likes