Fast.ai notebooks, Google Colab ready

Hello everyone,

I’ve been using the fast.ai classes as base for the study group I’m facilitating in my city, Verona, Italy.
In order to make in free and inclusive I ended up using Google Colab.
Therefore I’ve been working on converting all the notebooks to work on Google Colab, each notebook is self-contained and fully automated (dependencies and datasets).

As a bonus content, you will find a short-story on how to bootstrap a meetup and a studygroup on machine learning in your city :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Cesare!
I’m from Padova, working in Venice. Ready to be added to your telegram/whatsapp groups, and possibly available for planning something in Padova or Mestre!

Ciao Davide,
sure thing! I already have a study group in Padova and maybe someone interested near Mestre.
Send me an email at cesare.montresor@gmail.com and let’s talk about it! :slight_smile:

Hi Cesare,
I downloaded and tried your notebooks,

but I get errors immediately,
ImportError: cannot import name ‘as_tensor’
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘fastai.transforms’

etc etc, could you help? thanks so much, grazie mille

Hi, check out this notebook. I’ve tried and works 100%

friend, this also works and it’s much faster to run, see:
!curl https://course-v3.fast.ai/setup/colab | bash

Hi @javismiles,
I’ve run the line that you suggested, but I’m getting the error as shown in the picture. Could you help me through this?
However, I did not get this error when I followed the steps in my medium post.

yes friend, I know why :wink:
my line works only with V3 notebooks, download them here and run these instead of old ones:

:wink:

Sorry, have been busy days, some of the colab notebook in the github repo where still not updated for the fast.ai version change 0.7 -> 1.0
Now most of them have been updated and tested and should work.
Apoligies for the delay, anyway, I’m looking forward too for the version 3