Exploring for Good Author Book!

Hello Everyone, II am looking to purchase a machine learning book online but when I was searching on amazon it’s showing lots of books. I have read about some author’s names like Ian H. Witten, Steven Bird, and Drew Conway. Can anyone knows which one is a good book for a beginner’s point of view.

I Would suggest you can start with Hundred-Page Machine Learning Book for detailed or list of good books here we have listed:
2. Programming Collective Intelligence: Building Smart Web 2.0 Applications
3. Machine Learning for Hackers: Case Studies and Algorithms to Get you Started
4. Machine Learning
5. The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction
6. Learning from Data: A Short Course
7. Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning
8. Natural Language Processing with Python
9. Bayesian Reasoning and Machine Learning
10. Understanding Machine Learning
11. Machine Learning for Absolute Beginners: A Plain English Introduction

1 Like

Jeremy and Sylvain’s book is coming out soon and in the meantime there are free copies of it as notebooks online (for personal use only) https://github.com/fastai/fastbook

Book: " Deep Learning for Coders with fastai and PyTorch: AI Applications Without a PhD" (https://www.amazon.com/Deep-Learning-Coders-fastai-PyTorch/dp/1492045527/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=fastai&qid=1583321831&sr=8-1)

I don’t think reading book is a good way to start for beginner.
Courses, with videos and lecturers, are well-designed to help beginner understanding the concepts better.
Below is 10 recommended courses. Happy learning.

There is the Goodfellow book which is helpful if you are interested in the theory behind it. It is also freely available online.

I Would suggest some of the best Machine Learning Books below, hope this list will help you.

1: Machine Learning For Dummies” by John Paul Mueller and Luca Massaron
2: Machine Learning For Absolute Beginners: A Plain English Introduction (Second Edition)” by Oliver Theobald
3: Programming Collective Intelligence” by Toby Segaran
4: Machine Learning for Hackers” by Drew Conway and John Myles White
5: Machine Learning in Action” by Peter Harrington
6: The Hundred-Page Machine Learning Book
7: The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction

Thanks for the books recommendation! :+1: