Europe / UK or West Africa-based 2022 Study Group

Putting this here as a stub for anyone based in a GMT / CEST / GMT+1 time zone who is registered to take the new 2022 version of the fastai course live (starting in a few weeks. I’d be happy to organise meetings on weekends to discuss the lessons / course / work as we go through it.

I run the Delft FastAI Study Group Meetup and we have a channel over on the fastai discord server (#delft-fastai), so please feel free to join and/or message here if you’d like to join me in meeting up as we go through the new iteration of the course!

Fastai Course Lesson 1: Q&A / Discussion, Sun, May 1, 2022, 11:00 AM | Meetup will be the first meetup following the first lesson earlier that week.

Note: this meetup is for those who will be following along with the live course (either online or in person). I may repeat it a second time once the course gets released online subsequently, but for now it’ll basically only be accessible if you’re registered to take the live course.

13 Likes

FYI @johnstrick @optimusfelix in case interest in joining for the sessions.

2 Likes

@strickvl how is the format of this meetup group going to be?

1 Like

It’s basically defined by the group. But what I found worked in the past was just to have a space and time set aside to:

• check in with how we’re doing with the previous week’s lessons + practicing what we learned
  • answering any questions or problems or difficult areas that people have
  • (possibly possibly) discussing collaborating on specific small projects together

But mainly it’s for the first and second point. It’s purposely unstructured and there is no agenda beyond starting with a check-in with everyone at the beginning.

Obviously the first session is an opportunity for people to introduce themselves, as well.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing the plan @strickvl. Looking forward to join the meetup sessions.

2 Likes

Looking forward to join this tomorrow morning. Do I need to join it through the Meetup group event, or is it enough to mention it here ?

1 Like

You’ll get the zoom link if you register via the meetup link. I’d prefer you register, if possible, since it saves me putting the zoom link on the open internet.

2 Likes

I wish I had something like this is PDT time. There are no groups active at PDT times.