EU Study Group Nov'23

Hi,
I would like to set up energetic study group for West EU (around GMT + 1). Anyone interested?
You can reach out to me threre or on linkedin :).
Regards,
Marcin Wizgird

2 Likes

Hi Marcin,

Define ā€œenergeticā€ :sweat_smile:. Iā€™d be more than happy to find and join a study group. Iā€™m on GMT+2 but between the day job and other responsibilities, time is quite scarce.

Hi,

Iā€™m on GMT+3, but I think it wonā€™t cause any issue since this is an asynchronous class. If itā€™s ok, it would be great to form a study group.

Hello,
I am interested in joining a study group. Iā€™m in EST time zone but want to follow along.

sign me up!

Hi Iā€™m GMT and would be interested in joining, as long as it is mainly async through discord for example, with a few online meet ups here and there :+1:

Hello,
Iā€™m in GMT+1 timezone.
Currently Iā€™m at Lesson 3 (Chapter 4 of the book).
And interested to joinā€¦

Leonard

I am in GMT, and would be interested in joining.

Hello!

This is my timezone! I go away from Tensorflow and switched to Pytorch. This way I have reached this great community and Jeremyā€™s book. Althought that Iā€™ve got some experience in the deep learning, Jeremyā€™s book is worth doing some backwards even at cost going forward to diffusion models. Usually I learn at evenings and at night.

Hi Everyone :),
Firstly, could you suggest the days it suits the best to hold some kind of 1h session or longer if needed to discuss the course topics such as chapter questions or own work, ideas, challenges? Shall it be week day or Saturday/Sunday?
Secondly, which platform would you prefer to communicate: Discord, Teams, Slack?
Personally, I dispense with some experience in deep learning and I would to add it the unique practicality and application perspective introduced by Jeremyā€™s book :)ā€¦

Regards,
Marcin

Discord would be ok? I would suggest to have the first call on Saturday - for instance at 12AM?

1 Like

Any weekday evening or anytime weekends though pref morning

Hi. I would like to join too. Iā€™m in GMT+5:30, but Iā€™ll be able to participate still if it is an async group.

Hi,
I would like to porpose to meet at weekly basis on Tuesdays at 7PM GMT starting from 19.12.2023. I will provide the discord links and create Discord channel for that around Wednesday.

2 Likes

Hi all, just stumbled on this and would be interested to join! Is the 19.12.2023 still on?

I would like to join. Can you post the links in here.

Hi Everyone,
First of all, small apologies for late publishing of the Discord server for this group: FASTAI EU STUDY GROUP 202401. Please feel free to join and participate.
According to the discord server, I acknowledge that I am the Discord ā€˜noviceā€™ person. Therefore, in case you encounter any issues with the Discord configuration or have any suggestions to its configuration please let me know. So far I have created 4 channels for first 4 units of the first fastai course.
According to the initial call I would suggest to arrange short call on Wednesday 20.12.2023 at 9PM CET to start debating organization issues and group philosophy and working principles. The exact dates and live meeting times we may align on discord.
As far as study group is concerned, I suggest to hold the weekly calls focusing on the course material and exercises along with the related DL applications from every day life related to each unit. We can cover during each meeting questions from two or three units - for instance, first meeting units 1-3, second 2-4 etc. to enable folks with different obligations to act at different time internals.
In case of any questions, please reach out to me.

1 Like

Link to the meeting today: FASTAI EU STUDY GROUP 202401.

Hi Marcin,

I am keen to join your study group. I just finished lecture 2, am I too far behind to join the group?

Thank you!

Hi Christoph,
Please contact me at mwizgird3@gatech.edu.
Regards,
Marcin