Error when trying to import !pip install -Uqq fastbook

I am trying to set up a Kaggle notebook using FastAI for a FastAI Study Group 2022 homework and when I tried to run the following code:

!pip install -Uqq fastbook
import fastbook
fastbook.setup_book()

I got the following error:

WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f461a1ea650>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution’)’: /simple/fastbook/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f461a174710>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution’)’: /simple/fastbook/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f461a174210>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution’)’: /simple/fastbook/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f461a174850>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution’)’: /simple/fastbook/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f461a174c90>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution’)’: /simple/fastbook/
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement fastbook (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for fastbook

Any help you can provide to solve errors?

Try via pip3?

1 Like

That did it!!!

Thank you!!!

I even tried with pip3 but the error is not getting solved.

Try replace ! with %.