Error messages when updating fastai

From the /home/fastai directory on my paperspace machine, I ran the commands

git pull
conda env update

Though these commands ran successfully, the last one generated
an error message as follows:

msgpack-numpy 0.4.3 requires msgpack>=0.3.0, which is not installed. mkl-random 1.0.1 requires cython, which is not installed. mkl-fft 1.0.0 requires cython, which is not installed. spacy 2.0.11 has requirement regex==2017.4.5, but you'll have regex 2017.11.9 wh ich is incompatible.

Have you seen this error, or do you have a recommendation of what to do about it?

Cheers,
jcatanza

1 Like

looks like something is inconsistent in your conda installation. Have you installted some other packages via pip or conda in the same environment? Or did you update your conda or pip packages? I.e. it looks like your spacy and regex packages weren’t updated at the same time. You could try to install/update all the mentioned packages manually. Or you could remove the fastai conda environment via

conda remove --name fastai --all

and then reinstall the fastai conda environment via

conda env update

If you don’t want to loose your current conda fastai environment clone it first.

1 Like

Thanks Benedikt!

I did try your suggestion, not sure if it worked yet.

Cheers,
Joe

Hi Joe

If it doesn’t work another possibility is that the dependencies in the anaconda package got messed up. You can try installing spacy via pip (pip install spacy) to see if it gives the same error.

Thanks Benedikt!

Reinstalled spacy as you suggested and now conda env update throws no errors.

Cheers,
Joe