Error AttributeError: module 'fastai.vision.models' has no attribute 'resnet34'

Hello,
This might be a noob question, but I have searched different threads but am unable to resolve this issue.
In the cell where we train the model, i.e. (learn = ConvLearner(data, models.resnet34, metrics=error_rate) getting an error that AttributeError: module ‘fastai.vision.models’ has no attribute ‘resnet34’.

Code was run at 12:01pm gmt.
This is what I have unsuccessfully tried till now:

1. Re-updated all libraries
  2. command conda list shows me that my fastai version is 1.0.6
  3. I could be wrong but on github link–> github I can see that import code for models might not be correct. Original code is from . import models but should it be from .core import models?

Check this link, need to be on fast ai 1.0.14

specifically:
If using conda please try:

conda update conda -y
conda update -c fastai fastai

2 Likes

Thanks @chrismills for your help. My conda was corrupted across the system and painfully restored that. Though I had updated the libraries but they were still stuck at version 1.0.6 in the virtual environment. After fixing conda I reinstalled the libraries and finally code started working. Thanks again!

To resolve this error

```
    ERROR: The install method you used for conda--probably either `pip install conda`
    or `easy_install conda`--is not compatible with using conda as an application.
    If your intention is to install conda as a standalone application, currently
    supported install methods include the Anaconda installer and the miniconda
    installer.  You can download the miniconda installer from
    https://conda.io/miniconda.html.
    ```

run following command: bash Anaconda3-5.3.0-Linux-x86_64.sh

Note that before running the bash command file Anaconda3-5.3… should be downloaded to your local directory.