Documentation not working in jupyter notebooks

Hi,
I am trying to see the documentation of the untar_data api using doc() function but it is returning the following output:

untar_data(url: ‘str’, archive: ‘Path’ = None, data: ‘Path’ = None, c_key: ‘str’ = ‘data’, force_download: ‘bool’ = False, base: ‘str’ = ‘~/.fastai’) → ‘Path’
Download url using FastDownload.get

To get a prettier result with hyperlinks to source code and documentation, install nbdev: pip install nbdev

It says that I should install nbdev although I have already installed it. Can someone please help in this regards?

Regards,
Nabeel

That’ll be fixed in the next release of nbdev. Should be out in the next couple of days.

1 Like

Thanks @jeremy .
Another question, is there any way for getting notified about the fastai updates? Also what is easiest way of updating fastai using mamba?

I had the same issue so I installed nbdev but now I’m getting this output when I do doc(ImageDataLoaders.from_name_func)

the problem is it output does not have the show in docs button to click. How can I fix this?

Edited: seems like the output of the doc function is not consistent and I don’t know what is causing. For example, when I do doc(L) I get this output:

which has the show in docs thing to click. This is different than what I’d see when I do doc(ImageDataLoaders.from_name_func) , which is shown above.

Can someone please let me know what is going on?

Thank you in advance