Deep Learning at Hackathons?

Any interest in participating in one of these AI hackathons in SF? I’m curious to see if we can apply these deep learning techniques to real-world problems given a time constraint.

More generally, what is your opinion on using deep learning techniques at hackathons? Is it even possible?

Brendan

1 Like

If only I was in SF, I would love to go. I’m already using my laptop at work, using my desktop as the server, so it should work, provided you kept the sample size small enough.

1 Like

Yes. It is possible with making clever uses of pre-trained models. In fact, I tried using one this weekend for a Hackathon (sadly we couldn’t finish in time).

2 Likes

There should be provision for online teams. Or Someone can attend physically and others work remotely and communicate with slack

@geniusgeek For online participation, there is a “virtual global” category in the ticketing ($15), but you have to participate for the entire 3-day event.

@brendan I’d be interested to participate but I can only do it online.

@brendan I might be interested in the second one — I’m local to SF but I may be traveling at that time, so hopefully I can join one way or another.

On a side note, anyone know if people in this class are interested in meeting up in person in SF (or ig this is something that is already happening)?

1 Like

Yes! We had group meeting regularly during part I. It was very helpful. I’ll send something out on slack. Jeremy also might split us into teams so you’ll have another resource there.