Chit Chat Thread

Hi, thanks for pointing that out.
It has a capital letter F in the beginning.
The correct is @Fmelobr on Twitter.
Thanks.

I agree James Powell is wonderful ! I even made a blog post about how decorators work in Python based on one of his talk :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks, Fernando. You have (at least) one new twitter follower;-)

HI folks i would like to hear from you how do you manage your time studying for this course.
How many hours do you put in , how do you manage etc, perhaps this could be topic for another thread.
I have a demanding full time job i only find time to read or watch videos during weekdays commute. Any actual coding i need to wait for weekend and its kind of challenge. I would like some inspiration or advice form others if i can get.

Don’t know how many of you have seen this yet, but they’re $99 and I just ordered two of them:Jetson Nano by Nvidia.

It runs python and pytorch according to their post. Has 4 USB ports, Gig Ethernet, 128 CUDA cores, 4GB DDR 4 RAM

Hi Chandan,

I think you will find this thread very helpful:

Many Fastai veterans have posted their own study system, goals and experiences. This reply by Theodore might be something close to what you are looking for:

Happy learning!

2 Likes

although I have seen a lot of explanations for decorators, yours has to be one of the easiest to follow :slight_smile:

Ow that’s very kind of you, thank you! Although I should say that most of why it’s so easy to follow is thanks to talk it’s based on, by James Powell. :slight_smile:

Diagnosing Neurodegenerative Diseases with Pytorch

Nice! We’ll be covering decorators next week, so I hope you’ll share this excellent post in the lesson wiki then…

1 Like

I’m a remote participant, but will be in San Francisco next week due to attending a conference. Does anyone know if it is possible for normally remote people to attend a live session?

If so, what’s the specific location?

what are you planning to do with them?

Sure thing. Thanks!

The Possibilities are endless, but for right now, I’m going to use them for them to be servers running the model I’m working on as part of Muziguide’s web scraping servers, Also, I just might resurrect this circa 2005 robot I built (which has a camera and sonar ranging), and make it do real-time terrain recognition.
robot

6 Likes

Hey @PierreO !
Thanks for the great posts-both this and the papers one(I’m still going through it) :slight_smile:
A small suggestion: the last example(decorating add with ntimes) could be replaced with something better, since the output is same as that of one execution.
Even something silly like

@ntimes(3)
def print_blah(x=‘blah’):
print(x)

Also, last line of code has a typo: Y instead of y.

It’s not, unfortunately. But please do drop by our study room!

Thanks for the clarification. I’ll see if I can get away during the day and drop by.

You’re right, I’ll add a print statement :slight_smile:

Many thanks for the typo!

thanks , there are some really inspiring stories . “transferring it over to my domain” advice resonates more with me.

There is cool pycharm plugin that uses AI for predictive autocomplete.

Codota does the same for Java.

I believe there is a huge opportunity in terms of applying artificial intelligence to software engineering. For instance, there Fast.ai at GitHub. Worth watching: